Legoland

Tiggerlover91

DIS Veteran
Wondering if anyone can offer up any advice. Want to take our son to Legoland next summer. He'll be 15 then and he's already over 6 feet tall? Will he be able to enjoy any of the rides or are they more geared for younger children. I regret not taking him when he was younger, but I always leaned towards Disney. Thanks for any input.

Honestly my DS stopped liking legoland around age 8. If you all haven't done SeaWorld it is a great alternative to Disney and Universal.

for the most part I agree

UNLESS he's a real LEGO freak and going to see LEGO and not 'rides'

My 35 year old son is a hard core LEGO builder and enjoys visiting ....
Yes, this for sure.

I'd also add that if you had younger kids, your 15yo shouldn't hate going. There's still enough there to keep an older sibling content. But that sounds like it is not the case for you.

We are going to the CA one this summer. DH in particular and DD (age 11) to some extent are brickheads. We have a Lego Room. We've gone to travelling Lego statue exhibits. So, I expect they'll have a ball.

Oh I thought this post had died seeing it went to page 2! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

for the most part I agree

UNLESS he's a real LEGO freak and going to see LEGO and not 'rides'

My 35 year old son is a hard core LEGO builder and enjoys visiting ....

He is a TRUE Lego freak! He just finished putting together his two TECHNIC Legos this week! He would be disappointed to not have ridden any rides. And to be honest, I would be even more disappointed to see my son let down because I didn't pick well.

Yes, this for sure.

I'd also add that if you had younger kids, your 15yo shouldn't hate going. There's still enough there to keep an older sibling content. But that sounds like it is not the case for you.

No younger kids. He's my only one. If I did, then we'd still go because he would love being there for his little brothers and/or sisters. But since he's it, Universal will do! :goodvibes
Universal is a better choice.

Agreed! :banana::dance3:

I'll try and keep this thread going :).

We will be going to Legoland for 1 day this May, and I can't believe how hard it is to find recommended itineraries for Legoland, lol. I'm trying to figure out the best plan for the day and I'm having difficult planning. There is very little information out there about the new Lego Movie land, and more importantly ride wait times. I found one sight and it looks like Emmett's ride is the longest at about a 60min wait. Everything else is 30min or less.

So not sure if anyone can provide some helpful info or tips? What I found (from like 2020) is the recommendation is to head to the back of the park in the morning and then ride the 3 "main" rides later in the day when wait times are lower. But that recommendation was before Lego Movie World was there. So not sure what the best plan for that area is?

I haven't looked at an updated map, but I would think starting at the back is still the way to go. Especially if your kid(s) might have interest in Driving School, just because that has such low capacity.

I even have the Legoland app, and I thought I'd look up the wait times. Nope, it said I had to be within Legoland for it to tell me that info. I see no reason for that. Although we'll be going shortly before July 4th weekend, so it will be a lot busier.

Then there are park reservations. We bought annual passes on black friday. I went ahead and got a park reservation for our first day, a Sat. since that is likely to be the busiest. But, they only let me have one reservation. Even WDW lets passholders get more than that. But, hopefully, those will be a thing of the past.

It does seem that what would be of interest varies greatly on the age of the kid. But, the advice out there is very much the same as each other.

I'm thinking of buying the Reserve-N-Ride for Sunday, our second day. Even then I'm having trouble with the app since it doesn't recognize my passes.

I even have the Legoland app, and I thought I'd look up the wait times. Nope, it said I had to be within Legoland for it to tell me that info. I see no reason for that. Although we'll be going shortly before July 4th weekend, so it will be a lot busier.

Then there are park reservations. We bought annual passes on black friday. I went ahead and got a park reservation for our first day, a Sat. since that is likely to be the busiest. But, they only let me have one reservation. Even WDW lets passholders get more than that. But, hopefully, those will be a thing of the past.

It does seem that what would be of interest varies greatly on the age of the kid. But, the advice out there is very much the same as each other.

I'm thinking of buying the Reserve-N-Ride for Sunday, our second day. Even then I'm having trouble with the app since it doesn't recognize my passes.

What LEGOLAND are you trying to get reservations for? LEGOLAND Florida hasn’t required any park reservations since atleast 1/21 and that’s not what they call their ‘fast passes’

We are AP holders for our second year..

I'll try and keep this thread going :).

We will be going to Legoland for 1 day this May, and I can't believe how hard it is to find recommended itineraries for Legoland, lol. I'm trying to figure out the best plan for the day and I'm having difficult planning. There is very little information out there about the new Lego Movie land, and more importantly ride wait times. I found one sight and it looks like Emmett's ride is the longest at about a 60min wait. Everything else is 30min or less.

So not sure if anyone can provide some helpful info or tips? What I found (from like 2020) is the recommendation is to head to the back of the park in the morning and then ride the 3 "main" rides later in the day when wait times are lower. But that recommendation was before Lego Movie World was there. So not sure what the best plan for that area is?

There really isn’t one? The main ride in the movie area is all over wait time wise because it depends if they are loading all sections etc. it can say 20 but end up being 60 and vise vers

They will pop virtual queue on it and a few other rides on really busy days but it’s still can be a long wait..

Efficiency is not a strong suit there.

pack your own lunch or pack your patience cause the food offerings are often few and far between..

If you plan to go to the water park, pick a few things to do on the way there and then the way back since the water park is in the back corner.

What LEGOLAND are you trying to get reservations for? LEGOLAND Florida hasn’t required any park reservations since atleast 1/21 and that’s not what they call their ‘fast passes’

We are AP holders for our second year..

We are going to the Legoland CA this summer.
That is good news about the park reservations. A sign that CA will get rid of them soon. I hope.
It was insane, they said pass holders could have two reservations, but then they only let us have one. That makes them more draconian than WDW.
I guess there is so little discussion on Legoland, that I didn't notice that this was in the FL section.

OP, I agree with the others about your son likely being too old. My oldest is 11 and still likes it, but couldn’t see taking just him a few years from now.

We were LL pass holders Sept 2020-21 and visited several times. We’ve never done the fast pass option or whatever they call it, but mostly because we were passholders and knew we could try again another day if something was busy.

The Lego Movie ride does see long lines, so I would hit that soon or watch for a lower wait. You can only see wait times once on property. Most of the crowd moves from the front entrance to the right through Duplo Village and onto the Lego Movie area. We like to keep on and hit Ninjago first and then the City area before the rest get there. Otherwise it’s not as important that you stick to any firm plan for the day.

We prefer at least two park days, especially if you plan to do the water park. It’s inside the regular park, at the very back. Cypress Gardens, the original park, is at the back also and worth some time. Check out the banyan tree! This park traditionally has shorter hours, so you need more time simply because it isn’t open as long.

Yes to taking lunch. There is a Publix across the street and lots of picnic tables throughout the park. Eat apple fries for snack on the way out.

If it rains or gets to hot, there is an indoor area for building and video games. My kids could truly stay in here all day.

Wondering if anyone can offer up any advice. Want to take our son to Legoland next summer. He'll be 15 then and he's already over 6 feet tall? Will he be able to enjoy any of the rides or are they more geared for younger children. I regret not taking him when he was younger, but I always leaned towards Disney. Thanks for any input.

Our girls (8 and 10) love Legoland. We all ride the rides together but even Flying School which is a hanging coaster is geared towards kids. The one ride that is really fast and even I like it is The great Lego Race. That first drop is really fun! Also the movie ride is like Soarin and a good ride. Everything else is tame but done well for the age group they target. As far as food goes, they actually have great food at the hotels. We have stayed twice at the Legoland Hotel which includes breakfast, family style, every day of your trip. We go back in December for 3 nights. It's never as crowded as Disney and the fast track pass unlimited is only $89 per person on crowded days but we have found we never needed it.

Here is our trip report from this past December. It has both Legoland and universal with tons of pics.
December / January Trip Report without a "Catchy" title. Completed.

Our girls (8 and 10) love Legoland. We all ride the rides together but even Flying School which is a hanging coaster is geared towards kids. The one ride that is really fast and even I like it is The great Lego Race. That first drop is really fun! Also the movie ride is like Soarin and a good ride. Everything else is tame but done well for the age group they target. As far as food goes, they actually have great food at the hotels. We have stayed twice at the Legoland Hotel which includes breakfast, family style, every day of your trip. We go back in December for 3 nights. It's never as crowded as Disney and the fast track pass unlimited is only $89 per person on crowded days but we have found we never needed it.

Here is our trip report from this past December. It has both Legoland and universal with tons of pics.
December / January Trip Report without a "Catchy" title. Completed.

Thank you for the pictures and the information on your trip to Legoland! I've decided on Universal instead. My son will be 15 when we go and I just have a feeling there is going to be a lot he can't ride and I don't want him disappointed because he's too old and too tall. His height may prevent him from riding a ride or two at Universal so I already have to prepare him for that. He's 6'3 with his shoes on and I'm sure by next summer he'll be 6'3 without shoes meaning he'll be 6'5 once we go to Universal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter