Legoland worth it for adults?

sherrynn

Earning My Ears
My wife and I are traveling to Disney (Florida) next year. I'm a huge Lego fan. Is it worthwhile for two adults to visit Legoland, or is it all just kiddie stuff there?

Depends on why you are going. The rides are fairly tame. The theming is great. There are a lot of really cool builds to see. There’s a mini land with a Lego scale model of many real attractions, including a rocket that “launches” from the Kennedy Space Center build. There are lots of statue sized builds scattered throughout the park, which might be fun, and many of the rides contain builds. The dragon is a cute coaster, but before it goes to the outside fast track it goes through the castle that’s filled with life sized Lego-built scenes.

Last edited:
My wife and I are traveling to Disney (Florida) next year. I'm a huge Lego fan. Is it worthwhile for two adults to visit Legoland, or is it all just kiddie stuff there?
Yes adults allowed in Legoland Florida.
Yes the Ninjargo ride is great fun it's a game ride.
There's a roller-coaster called the Dragon if you'd like rollercoasters
Aquazone wave racers is good fun.
Miniland area is great fun.

Please remember that if you are planning to visit an indoor Legoland Discovery center No adults without children permitted due to child protection policy. These are located in Philadelphia, Birmingham and Berlin etc and tickets are non refundable too but at discovery centers they do have an adults night events check the website to see what day's they are on.

I am not a Lego fan at all. We went to the one near San Diego and had a great time. We don't need big thrill rides as my husband is not a fan of them. The rides we did were fun. The Lego displays were incredible. We only spent a few hours there as it was not busy. If the cost to get in isn't a turn off to you I think you would enjoy it.

I would lean more on the kiddie side, but if you are big Lego fans you might enjoy a day at the park. Have you seen any of the Lego movies?

If I were sans kids, I would probably hit Coasterasaurus, Flying School, Masters of Flight and the Techno rides. The Dragon isn’t a crazy coaster, but the props on the interior portion are all Lego, which I really love. DH loves shooter/scoring rides, so we always do the Ninjago and Lost Kingdom Adventure. My kids never sit still for shows, so I’d do some indoor ones and the ski show if it is going on. Take a stroll through Miniland. And definitely go back to the Cypress Gardens area and check it out.

I would pass on the hotel, at least the main/pirate hotel. The Beach Retreat might be ok for an adults only trip. The hotel is packed with kids and kids activities in a way I love as a parent but definitely would not pick for an adult trip.

I would say no, in general, with a couple of exceptions: 1) it is worth the price of admission to you to see the Lego sculptures/creations in the park. We went a few years ago (with kids) and the cityscapes/landscapes/largescale Lego designs were impressive 2) similarly worth the price to you could be the portion of the former Cypress Gardens that is open to the public. In general, the park is definitively targeted towards small children. This includes the sizes of the ride vehicles (and we are not large people), so expect it to be a bit cozy if you choose to go:). We have a Lego maniac in our home and even he felt that the park was a bit young for him once he hit 12.

I have visited the Legolands in Grapevine , Tx near DFW and at Crown Center in Kansas City, Mo … I want to go to the location in Orlando .
They look like fun themed for Halloween and then Xmas …
They occasionally have special displays created for an event such as Star Wars but I especially love each location with the unique landmarks that are truly representative of the city . So it is different experience and really fascinating .
In response… every tourist attraction in the Orlando area must compete with WDW and Universal Orlando. .. and there is alwayssomething fun …even Gatorland is fun and interesting . I love Gaylord too !

We just went to legoland ny and saw a couple adult only groups. The rides are tame but miniland and the random "land" related builds were pretty incredible. Couldn't spit without hitting somewhere to get hands on brick building.
Huge props to legoland for inclusivity and accessibility too!

If you are really, really into Legos I think it might be worth it without kids. I've been three times with my son to the California park and have enjoyed each visit. My favorite might have been when we went during COVID and no rides were even running. Just lots of walking around looking at the Lego builds and eating some good food (for not full cost at that point).

Just don't expect any big thrill rides.

never been to florida, but the California one is very much worth it for me. I love the lego theming and decorations and miniland. the rides are a nice plus, but one day was enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter