Legoland Florida?

AngelaVa

Mouseketeer
We are going to Disney World in March 50 Days. I was looking at Legoland Florida and like to have some comments about it.
Will be taking my 5 yr old grandson who loves legos.

Last edited:
We took our son last year to Legoland, who was fixing to turn 7 at the time and he really loved it. He is a huge lego fan and we also spent two nights at the hotel. The Legoland hotel was super nice and the theming was amazing, but way to expensive in my opinion (we booked a black Friday deal). The park itself is in no way a "Disney" park, but young kids seem to really enjoy it. My son actually told me he liked it better than Disney :rotfl2:I'm sure we will take him back again in a year or two but maybe not stay at the hotel this time.

Not sure if you’re talking about Disneyland or WDW. We took our son to Legoland in Carlsbad when he was 12. As a lego-lover he definitely enjoyed it more than Disneyland at the time. It’s a small park and several hours drive from Anaheim but it can easily be done in one full day and I’d say it’s very worthwhile if you have the opportunity.

We are going to Disney in March 50 Days. I was looking at Legoland and like to have some comments about it.
Will be taking my 5 yr old grandson who loves legos.
I went several years ago and had a fun time with my kids, then probably ages 9 and 6 or so. It is definitely geared to smaller children, so 5 is right in the wheelhouse. From what I recall, the rides and shows should all be good for your grandson. They have some cool Lego displays in the middle of the park. Save those for the end, if you want to spend less time waiting in lines for the rides and shows early in the day. It was not quite a full day for us--I think we arrived when they opened and left around 3-4 in the afternoon. There is also a water park, but we did not visit that. They also have an associated resort. It was not completed when we visited, but a co-worker has been a couple times and really seemed to like it. She found some deals to minimize the expense. Her kids also love Legos. In case you didn't know, LegoLand is not in Orlando, but about a 45 minute drive to the south.

Definitely check out the LegoLand website and other travel sites, like TripAdvisor. You might find some information and maybe even some trip reports here on the Orlando Hotels and Attractions forum. Just do a title search on Lego.

Last edited:
We went two years ago when our son was 6 and it was great. He loved it and we all had a good time! We read somewhere to walk directly to the back of the park and then work your way front, as that will help avoid the crowds. We did that, and it was awesome. I don't think we waited in line longer than 10 minutes and it was the middle of July. We stayed one day and felt like we saw everything. We didn't stay at the hotel - just drove there and back from Disney. I'm sure staying at the hotel one night would have been fun too, though!

At the time, the monthly lego magazine that you can get at lego stores had a buy one get one free coupon every month to legoland. I'm not sure if they still do, but it's worth tracking down.

Took my boys (6,8 and 10) in may and they loved it. Perfect ages and lots that they enjoyed seeing and doing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter