Leg brace during visit, questions

Meldev

DIS Veteran
My DD11 has been put in an immobilizer due to a gymnastics knee injury. She may be out of it by our trip, she may not depending on how she heals.

Is it difficult to rent a wheel chair? She can walk, but her left leg is locked straight. I'm thinking a wheel chair would be easier for her due to the amount of walking we do there.
The brace is removable, i believe the doctor will ok most rides, some we may need to remove the brace for.
Do wheelchairs require advanced reservation? Do you have to apply for a pass of any kind?
TIA - hopefully she will be done with the massive brace.

Look into renting a pediatric or small size wheelchair from an offsite vendor. She'll be a lot more comfortable than in a large adult wheelchair. If you're using it for multiple days it may be cheaper too, and you'd have it for getting to and from the parks. When she's likely to need the support of the brace is getting on and off rides, especially ones that load below ground level. Make sure the doctor knows she'll be weight bearing and bending the knee, and that it will be bumped on some rides. That may change the recommendation or lead to a heavy duty brace that can be bent. I once spent a whole summer in an immobilizer, and personally, I wouldn't have attempted a theme park. Getting in and out of cars and finding places to sit was too difficult without adding crowds and ride vehicles to the equation.

My DD11 has been put in an immobilizer due to a gymnastics knee injury. She may be out of it by our trip, she may not depending on how she heals.

Is it difficult to rent a wheel chair? She can walk, but her left leg is locked straight. I'm thinking a wheel chair would be easier for her due to the amount of walking we do there.
The brace is removable, i believe the doctor will ok most rides, some we may need to remove the brace for.
Do wheelchairs require advanced reservation? Do you have to apply for a pass of any kind?
TIA - hopefully she will be done with the massive brace.
Many members recommend Deckert’s (714) 542-5607 for medical items. They will deliver to most of the area hotels. Their rates are very reasonable.
While Disneyland does rent wheelchairs, it's on first come first serve and they do not allow for wheelchairs to leave the park area.
Renting from an outside agency will give you the ability to use the chair to and from the parks.

Geemo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter