Leftover points suggestions.

Stinkomann20x6

Mouseketeer
Sorry if this is the wrong place, and for what I’m sure are several dumb questions. But I find myself with xxxxxx banked 2019 points that expire xxxxxx. And I’m just trying to think what might be best options for our family please and thanks.

So far the options that I’m thinking of seem to be to try and rent on my own, (but Im not an experienced renter on here which would probably turn some people off). Ive only ever rented points out once through he who shall not be named, which was smooth, but I followed the thread dealing with them during pandemic and that scares me. But they do have a newsletter option for a Cheaper rental of points which would get me at least something I guess.

I think I read that RCI isn’t an option for me (and I don’t know a ton about it) because I had to buy before a certain date years ago. And our purchase date was January 2019 right before the latest restrictions.

Are there any other suggestions folks might have that I could be missing, or what might be the best route to go if those are indeed my options? thanks for the help!

Edited to remove specifics so not to be seen as a points for rent.

Last edited by a moderator:
RCI is an option for all owners and points, Nothing related to resale restrictions impact that,

The only real option is to try and rent them to someone..you can list here is you meet the guidelines..or use a broker.

I did take out details and let someone know if you get PMs asking about them as that is how sometimes scams happen.

I had a few odd points expiring in march. I was unable to rent them off, so I ended up booking some weekends for my kids, as an xmas present this month. Airfare is crazy cheap right now., so why not

RCI is an option, it just has to be banked by a certain time.

If the points expire quickly, rent them out as distressed points either here or on FB (there's a FB group that deals with DVC points rentals).

Here's the section of the forum to rent here:
https://www.disboards.com/forums/dvc-rent-trade.29/
Rules:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...t-trade-policies-updated-august-2020.3734006/
The rules section has sample contracts.

You could always gift them to someone you know is going? Or rent to them as well. My recommendation is to rent for earlier dates, rather than later dates.

I had a few odd points expiring in march. I was unable to rent them off, so I ended up booking some weekends for my kids, as an xmas present this month. Airfare is crazy cheap right now., so why not
Thx. Yeah I don’t know anyone going or is honestly consider it. I forgot to mention im across country in Oregon. And the Mrs isn’t keen on traveling with a 1 year old right now lol

RCI is an option, it just has to be banked by a certain time.

If the points expire quickly, rent them out as distressed points either here or on FB (there's a FB group that deals with DVC points rentals).

Here's the section of the forum to rent here:
https://www.disboards.com/forums/dvc-rent-trade.29/
Rules:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...t-trade-policies-updated-august-2020.3734006/
The rules section has sample contracts.

You could always gift them to someone you know is going? Or rent to them as well. My recommendation is to rent for earlier dates, rather than later dates.
Thx. The sample contract part would help. I think it’s just so unknown for me. And I don’t want to make it a miserable experience for someone looking to rent while I get my bearings lol. Appreciate the links!

RCI is an option for all owners and points, Nothing related to resale restrictions impact that,

The only real option is to try and rent them to someone..you can list here is you meet the guidelines..or use a broker.

I did take out details and let someone know if you get PMs asking about them as that is how sometimes scams happen.
Oh thank you so much sorry I somehow missed your response. I appreciate you looking out for me there!

Can only relate what my family did.
2019 points banked to 2020, useless in 2021. APR use year.
We simply booked a late 2020 DVC Room Res for a dear family that we know, within driving distance of WDW. We DONATED those points... no charge.

Just us? Renting had become a nightmare, Disney was going to grab the points anyway.... and giving a lovely family of four a trip? Sounded right to us :).
I love it! No family on east coast here. We had some friends in South Carolina but they moved back to Oregon last year. Would have been a great gift!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter