Leftover Groceries

KyleAfterAWhile

DIS Veteran
I am a DVC member. Sometimes we have leftover, unopened water, sodas, snacks, etc. We never take them home. Housekeeping is not allowed to accept them. If I put them out in the hall with a note saying they are free, will CMs allow them to stay for another guest to take them or will they pick them up and garbage them?

What not post them on the DVC free-cycle FB page. This is where DVC member list all their DVC stay stuff they want to get rid of
after a stay. We take our water to the bell services guys since they are busy running all over the resort and they are very appreciative of it.. Make sure to join the free-cycle with a hyphen in the title this one has more members than the one without the hyphen.

We usually place them in the laundry room with a note on them. Then we post on DIS so that other Disers can take advantage if they want to.

We recently stayed at Coronado and there was a bunch of water and gatorade in the hall with a note that said "FREE".

I am a DVC member. Sometimes we have leftover, unopened water, sodas, snacks, etc. We never take them home. Housekeeping is not allowed to accept them. If I put them out in the hall with a note saying they are free, will CMs allow them to stay for another guest to take them or will they pick them up and garbage them?

Thanks. I was not aware of that page/group. :)

We also give them to Bell Services who are grateful for them. They don’t belong in the hall and someone else will have to clean them up.

When did it change that housekeeping couldn't have unopened stuff left for them?

That's a great idea about Bell Service. We usually just ask our neighbors if they want some of our stuff.

I've left in the laundry room before with a note "Free"... one time at CBR a group of teenage boys had snagged everything before we even got to our pool chairs.

Housekeeping is not allowed to accept them.
We always give ours to Bell Services... they can accept them and it is my understanding they go into their break room.
This kind of contradiction is pretty common. I would guess that none of Disney's employees are allowed to accept them, but will do so anyway because whatever rule there is that prohibits it isn't enforced and is only in place to protect Disney in case of something bad happens - Disney can say that the staff violated policy and that they (Disney) have long had a policy protecting their cast members from such risks.

This kind of contradiction is pretty common. I would guess that none of Disney's employees are allowed to accept them, but will do so anyway because whatever rule there is that prohibits it isn't enforced and is only in place to protect Disney in case of something bad happens - Disney can say that the staff violated policy and that they (Disney) have long had a policy protecting their cast members from such risks.

Yep. before we were DVC members, we would leave candy bars with tips for housekeeping. They never took the candy bars and one time I asked and was told they are not allowed to accept food items from guests as it is against policy. Why would BS be any different?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter