Leaving tomorrow with 19 snack credits...... MK???

We didn't know either and the TSA agent was very nice about, explaining it was a newer rule and wasn't well advertised so he understood people not knowing.
The last time we went through, one agent was yelling at the top of his lungs what he needed removed and what can be kept in. Unfortunately it wasn't the line I was in and my line had completely different rules. I had no idea and they were basically yelling at me for not knowing. I always find it very stressful there compared to other airports we fly out of. We have had different rules every year and they vary in every line.

Sounds so much like us on during our Free Dining days. So much food at our meals we were always too full to think of snacks and that was back when it was one snack per day per person. Our go to snack was fudge but that was also back in the days when they had a good 10 varieties. On our last trip the choice was way more limited. Luckily we weren't on the DP so we didn't have to worry about using up credits.

Go to the Main Street bakery and get a bunch of yummy treats! Especially the chocolate dipped Rice Krispie Mickey eats! They make great souvenirs. They also have trail mix and other bagged snacks that count.

I know it's late, but between four of us and some unused meals due to meal splitting on my parents' part, we had like 42 snacks left on our September trip. We got a bunch of chocolate treats-- peanut butter cups, turtles, etc. at the Goofy's Candy Shop and the other candy store at DS. My mom finished the last peanut butter cup around Christmas. (Had I realized she still had it, it would have "disappeared" before then!) My sister and I packed them in our carry-ons and ate some as lunch on our leaving day.)

They travel well, although in the future, I'm totally bringing some ziplocs or gladware-style containers for travel purposes. The clamshells Disney gives you tend to shatter.

I know it's late, but between four of us and some unused meals due to meal splitting on my parents' part, we had like 42 snacks left on our September trip. We got a bunch of chocolate treats-- peanut butter cups, turtles, etc. at the Goofy's Candy Shop and the other candy store at DS. My mom finished the last peanut butter cup around Christmas. (Had I realized she still had it, it would have "disappeared" before then!) My sister and I packed them in our carry-ons and ate some as lunch on our leaving day.)

They travel well, although in the future, I'm totally bringing some ziplocs or gladware-style containers for travel purposes. The clamshells Disney gives you tend to shatter.

All the places I've recently received leftovers from @ WDW have given us wax or plastic coated boxes similar to ones Whole Foods uses for takeout. I borrow some scotch tape from the front desk or lounge CMs and seal the tops as the pegged closing can open too easily. Easy peasy into the shopping bag then onto the plane. The plastic bag is searched at time but even the TSA agents have tape if they open it. get home around 10:00 PM put the boxes in the microwave and dinner is served. Don't know if this is part of Disney's lessening plastics initiative or not.

All the places I've recently received leftovers from @ WDW have given us wax or plastic coated boxes similar to ones Whole Foods uses for takeout. I borrow some scotch tape from the front desk or lounge CMs and seal the tops as the pegged closing can open too easily. Easy peasy into the shopping bag then onto the plane. The plastic bag is searched at time but even the TSA agents have tape if they open it. get home around 10:00 PM put the boxes in the microwave and dinner is served. Don't know if this is part of Disney's lessening plastics initiative or not.
Yes, it is Disney lessening plastics, but some locations do indeed still have plastic clamshells (oddly enough, the Mara at AKL was one that did for certain items). I have been told that their original plan was to eliminate takeout containers all together, but that didn't go over very well with guests, so this was seen as a good compromise.

Yeah, I would much rather have had the cardboard than the cheap plastic clamshells. One of the plastic ones containing fudge shattered on the bottom and it left tiny fragments.

A lot of places around me offer takeout in the thin cardboard boxes or smaller pizza boxes. Sometimes aluminum pans with cardboard lids.

I did get the thin "Chinese takeout" style boxes a few times at Disney too. I like them better than the plastic that cracks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter