Leaving Soon & Live reports, cruise updates pg19

Eve Meal.

Fresh fruit Cocktail
IMG_1729Medium.jpg

Herb Sauteed Shrimp.
IMG_1730Medium.jpg

Fettuccini with parmesan crusted chicken
IMG_1731Medium.jpg

Baked Lobter tail, also had the sesame seared tuna loin on the side. Lobster was so good I had another. Couldn't eat dessert after that lot.:cloud9:
IMG_1732Medium.jpg

Look what I missed out out, looked great, Warm Chocolate lave cake.
IMG_1733Medium.jpg

Tonights towel
IMG_1734Medium.jpg

Evening show, this is my favourite on the Magic.
IMG_1737Medium.jpg

IMG_1745Medium.jpg

IMG_1747Medium.jpg

IMG_1751Medium.jpg

Finally the midnight dessert buffet.
IMG_1763Medium.jpg

IMG_1773Medium.jpg

IMG_1774Medium.jpg

P1010499Medium.jpg

IMG_1791Medium.jpg

Tomorrow Castaway Cay & last day on the ship:sad1:

I don't dislike choc would just rather have many other things, a choice between a plate of choc or a steak and cheese sarnie from room service then the sarnie would win(They were good & never took pics:mad:). Prefer savoury things, crisps, nuts etc to choc.

The show looks really lovely :goodvibes

The desserts look even better, exactly what my dreams are like, cakes, and chocolate and more chocolate and more dessert :rotfl::rotfl:

I don't dislike choc would just rather have many other things, a choice between a plate of choc or a steak and cheese sarnie from room service then the sarnie would win(They were good & never took pics:mad:). Prefer savoury things, crisps, nuts etc to choc.

with you all the way there Wayne.Chocolate and alcohol don't mix:thumbsup2
Paul

I am with you there mate :thumbsup2

Hi Wayne
I so badly want to try a cruise now!

I'm beginning to understand what you meant about buffets,after you explained, we have 2 kids so they work for us but you can't beat table service!

Ruthie

Wow, great pics and some really fantastic looking food - again.

I will have to show DW this thread. I am trying to convince her to giving the cruise a go and the midnight dessert party might just swing it :thumbsup2

Lovely photos, Wayne. DCL seems to have upped its game in the food department. I wasn't overly impressed the one time we cruised back in 2004, but it all looks great.

I don't think I could get Karen into another signature restaurant. We by far preferred Le Cellier, Turf Club or Tutto Italia to Cali Grill.
Don't write-off the other signature restaurants. I've always enjoyed California Grill, but I can understand why it wouldn't be to everyone's taste. I can really see you enjoying some of the others.

I will have to show DW this thread. I am trying to convince her to giving the cruise a go and the midnight dessert party might just swing it :thumbsup2
I think the midnight buffet is just the 7 night cruises, don't remember one on the 4 night last year.

Don't write-off the other signature restaurants. I've always enjoyed California Grill, but I can understand why it wouldn't be to everyone's taste. I can really see you enjoying some of the others.

If we do DDP again I am sure we will try at least one, Mathew wants to try Yachtsman Steakhouse. To me Cali grill was no way worth using 2 credits for. our Le Cellier bill came to about $135 and really enjoyed the food and service, Cali Grill $160 food took way too long and could have eaten again after we left. Maybe we hit a bad night, ordered our entrees at 9:30 server asked if we wanted to watch fireworks(10pm) or eat, we said we wanted food asap(we usually eat around 7-8pm) still didn't arrive til well after fireworks had done, around 10:30.

I think the midnight buffet is just the 7 night cruises, don't remember one on the 4 night last year.

If we do DDP again I am sure we will try at least one, Mathew wants to try Yachtsman Steakhouse. To me Cali grill was no way worth using 2 credits for. our Le Cellier bill came to about $135 and really enjoyed the food and service, Cali Grill $160 food took way too long and could have eaten again after we left. Maybe we hit a bad night, ordered our entrees at 9:30 server asked if we wanted to watch fireworks(10pm) or eat, we said we wanted food asap(we usually eat around 7-8pm) still didn't arrive til well after fireworks had done, around 10:30.

Can recomend Yachtsmans Wayne it was our favourite meal from our recent trip, but must say we also really enjoyed Cali Grill, but everyone is different the only meal we didnt enjoy was at Raglan Road but a lot of people rate it highly. We need to get another trip booked there are still restaurants we want to try:thumbsup2

Maybe we hit a bad night
There are so many factors which combine to affect the way you feel about a place, aren't there? Food and service are the obvious ones, but mood, expectation, appetite, companions, even other diners, all have a significant impact. Seating is a big one for me. Alongside thoroughfares; next to restrooms and kitchen entrances; facing walls; behind pillars; and remote corners are all big no-nos.

No two dining experiences are the same. I could list loads of examples of places we've fallen in love with and then had a less than stellar experience on a subsequent visit and, similarly, plenty where we've given a place a second chance and been pleasantly surprised.

There are so many factors which combine to affect the way you feel about a place, aren't there? Food and service are the obvious ones, but mood, expectation, appetite, companions, even other diners, all have a significant impact. Seating is a big one for me. Alongside thoroughfares; next to restrooms and kitchen entrances; facing walls; behind pillars; and remote corners are all big no-nos.

No two dining experiences are the same. I could list loads of examples of places we've fallen in love with and then had a less than stellar experience on a subsequent visit and, similarly, plenty where we've given a place a second chance and been pleasantly surprised.

We were suprised how much difference a good server makes, the guy at Cali Grill was head and shoulders the best we had all trip and think he was probably the reason we enjoyed the meal so much. We had 21 days of onsite dining and the only two we wouldnt return to are Raglan Road and Boma for Dinner. Raglan Road we found the food mediocre and the service terrible, Boma we just didnt like the food (think they should change the restaurant name to Marmite - people seem to either love it or hate it!!!) and although we wouldnt eat dinner there again we also had a breakfast there and that was great and would definatley return for brekkie.

We were suprised how much difference a good server makes, the guy at Cali Grill was head and shoulders the best we had all trip and think he was probably the reason we enjoyed the meal so much. We had 21 days of onsite dining and the only two we wouldnt return to are Raglan Road and Boma for Dinner. Raglan Road we found the food mediocre and the service terrible, Boma we just didnt like the food (think they should change the restaurant name to Marmite - people seem to either love it or hate it!!!) and although we wouldnt eat dinner there again we also had a breakfast there and that was great and would definatley return for brekkie.

Fully agree Mart, Our server at Cali Grill did nothing but take our order and bring the food(very slowly) on the other hand at the Turf Club food was not the best of the holiday but the service was the best, different servers at both places and I am sure my opinion would be different.
Raglan rd, I read lots of reviews and saw lots of pics before we went, decided it wasn't for us without trying. Boma dinner I really liked our 1st vist last year, not so much 2nd visit at Xmas, Karen and Matt only went back for me, they were not impressed with it either time, I think best buffet is Disney's cheapest, we all like it and been 3 or 4 times now, Trails End. Not a big choice but its food we all like.

We love Boma for breakfast, and our server was great! Albert, we had him the last time we were there, and have decided to ask for him in future.:thumbsup2:

Great photos' Wayne, just don't think I can compete!! Will have to post different ones so there's no comparison:)
What camera do you use? We bought DS one before we came away, and it really showed my sony up!

Jules x

What camera do you use? We bought DS one before we came away, and it really showed my sony up!

Jules x

I think when digital cameras appeared Sony were very good, used them for a few years but they have slipped down my list now. Most of these were taken with my Digi SLR canon 400d, some were taken with Matts new one his Gran just bought him for his Birthday Panasonic/Lumix DMC TZ7. Its a great camera but I found on close ups bottom left gets a black shadow, lens can't cope with the close shots so well, I am sure you will see it if you look back on the pics.

I think when digital cameras appeared Sony were very good, used them for a few years but they have slipped down my list now. Most of these were taken with my Digi SLR canon 400d, some were taken with Matts new one his Gran just bought him for his Birthday Panasonic/Lumix DMC TZ7. Its a great camera but I found on close ups bottom left gets a black shadow, lens can't cope with the close shots so well, I am sure you will see it if you look back on the pics.

Hi Wayne,
How's Karen doing now she's back?
DS was torn between the camera he went for,(which is a cannon, not sure which one) and an SLR. He's going to be taking photography at college this year, so he may decide he wants to invest in one! Maybe mum will get his old one then;)
The panasonic/Lumix, is that the one they were advertising on TV? It looked really good.

Jules x

Hi Wayne,
How's Karen doing now she's back?

The panasonic/Lumix, is that the one they were advertising on TV? It looked really good.

Jules x

Still not right but better than it was, she went to Docs as soon as we got home, he gave her a 2 week sick note and said to go back after the 2 week, then if no better sending her for physio.

Not sure if its on TV, not seen it.

Wow Wayne - just caught up on all the cruise photos - AMAZING!

After seeing the pictures of the shows I'm now tempted to add a short cruise to our (hopefully) trip in 2011. The girls will be 8 & 7 - do you think there's enough for kids to enjoy on the cruises? I've always thought of cruises as an Adult thing?

Are the shows on in the evening or late night?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter