Leaving soon, again :-)

Think they will need a holiday to get over this trip.

I hear Florida is nice this time of year :thumbsup2

Just a quick post to say I am back. Will read thru last few pages when I get time and finish off last few days of pics.

Long journey but home at last. 31 hours from hotel to home. Airspace opened just in time for flight from Paris to Heathow, luckily we had a 6 hour wait in paris booked on 6pm flight, if we had been booked on 4pm or earlier they were all cancelled, passengers being told they would be on standby but upto a week before they could guarantee a seat:scared1:
Worst part of trip was Paris. Attitude of staff, especially thru security. My only time on French soil, hope its my last. Can't believe they can charge £3.75 for a small coke and not even smile or say merci. Paid by credit card as I had no Euros, sure I heard someone behind tut, maybe I was just too tired:rotfl:
Work to do, post more soon.

Welcome home Wayne!

Sorry to hear about your bad experience at CDG. I have had my fair share of rude staff there too, although some are lovely. :)

Worst part of trip was Paris. Attitude of staff, especially thru security. My only time on French soil, hope its my last. Can't believe they can charge £3.75 for a small coke and not even smile or say merci. Paid by credit card as I had no Euros, sure I heard someone behind tut, maybe I was just too tired:rotfl:

The main reason we have never been (and will never go to) DLRP :sad2:

Glad you are all back home safe and sound Wayne - make sure you get a good night's sleep - and then I should imagine you'll need to catch up on some flower arrangements ;)

While I have experienced some rude people in DLP and France in general, I think it would be a shame to rule out ever visiting. It's a great resort and well worth at least one visit- if you don't like it, fair enough. Also, I think we can sometimes mistake straightforward and abrupt as rude (although I agree that a smile and a simple 'merci' can go a long way!). We live in a traditionally polite country, plus many of us are accustomed to friendly Americans when holidaying.

As I said, it just seems a shame to discount DLP based on your past experiences with the French. I'm a little over-protective, as you can tell! :rotfl:

Sorry to go off-topic. :flower3:

Just a quick post to say I am back. Will read thru last few pages when I get time and finish off last few days of pics.

Long journey but home at last. 31 hours from hotel to home. Airspace opened just in time for flight from Paris to Heathow, luckily we had a 6 hour wait in paris booked on 6pm flight, if we had been booked on 4pm or earlier they were all cancelled, passengers being told they would be on standby but upto a week before they could guarantee a seat:scared1:

welcome home Wayne, Karen and Matt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what luck that you were booked on the 6pm flight...imagine if you'd had to stay in france longer!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

glad to have you back!!!!

i wonder if the flowers are being flown in to you yet....
we had lovely fruit here over the past week...
all the good stuff usually goes to europe, but the ash put a stop to that....
so all of a sudden we had spectacular watermelons that we don't usually get right now....silver lining...i guess this weekend they'll all be gone again...

anyway....welcome home!!!!!!! we missed you!!

Glad you are all back home safe and sound Wayne - make sure you get a good night's sleep - and then I should imagine you'll need to catch up on some flower arrangements ;)

Completely with you on this one. I have been to DLP and will never, even if someone paid me, and I truely mean that, ever go again, ever, ever, ever, ever

Completely with you on this one. I have been to DLP and will never, even if someone paid me, and I truely mean that, ever go again, ever, ever, ever, ever

So you don't think you'd go again? :rotfl:

If you didn't like it, fair enough. I'm a believer of trying everything once. :thumbsup2

Welcome home guys, glad to hear you got home - eventually! :banana:

Sorry about your experience in Paris. The attitude is sometimes a reflection of living in a big city, like you sometimes get rude Londoners. The majority of the French are very welcoming but I agree that the cost of the coke is disgusting :scared1:

OFT Disneyholic family where do you guys live if you don't have watermelon in your shops? Sorry if I am being nosey :hug:

Glad your all home safely Wayne:thumbsup2

Bet you feel like you need another holiday to get over the last few days

Glad you got home Wayne!

We have another 2 nights out here before we are able to fly home. We had a 9-night holiday and have already been stranded for 7 nights - so by the time we leave, we'll have been out here for twice as long as we intended. :sad2: We were due to fly home on Thursday 15th, the day this all kicked off - now the plan is to fly home on Saturday 24th.

Glad you got home Wayne!

We have another 2 nights out here before we are able to fly home. We had a 9-night holiday and have already been stranded for 7 nights - so by the time we leave, we'll have been out here for twice as long as we intended. :sad2: We were due to fly home on Thursday 15th, the day this all kicked off - now the plan is to fly home on Saturday 24th.

so sorry you've been stranded so long!
i hope you finally make it home safely this weekend!!

OFT Disneyholic family where do you guys live if you don't have watermelon in your shops? Sorry if I am being nosey :hug:

i live in Israel - i hang out on this board as it has lots of useful planning info for me here...
i've learned TONS on this board over the years..

we do have watermelon - just that our produce is also exported and obviously, growers export the best stuff and only sell the lower quality produce locally.....so all the really good produce is shipped to europe (or russia or whoever buys the stuff)...

but with the european skies closed, all the produce was sold locally....so we got the REALLY good stuff that's usually saved for export not local sale...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter