• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Leaving Monday and haven't planned!

LoveStitch

Mouseketeer
Hi...I've been SO swamped that I haven't had time to think about our upcoming cruise! Just closed down our business today for the holidays, and now tonight is the only night I have to pack, since family is arriving in a couple of days and I have to get ready for them too. :scared: So this is a crash course in not-overthinking this!!

Main question right now - it's a 3-night Bahamian cruise on the Dream. Am I correct in thinking there's no formal night on this length cruise?

What SHOULD I expect...pirate night or anything?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hi...I've been SO swamped that I haven't had time to think about our upcoming cruise! Just closed down our business today for the holidays, and now tonight is the only night I have to pack, since family is arriving in a couple of days and I have to get ready for them too. :scared: So this is a crash course in not-overthinking this!!

Main question right now - it's a 3-night Bahamian cruise on the Dream. Am I correct in thinking there's no formal night on this length cruise?

Thanks in advance!
Yes, there's a pirate night. You can bring something to dress for it, or not, as you wish. There is no "formal" night but there is a "Dress Up Optional" night. As indicated, you can dress up or not. Some do, some don't.

Thanks...we're scheduled for Remy's on the last night and I thought I'd bring a dress for this...is the dress up optional night a certain night of the cruise?

I think it may be easier than I'm making it out to be...polo shirts and khakis for my husband the rest of the time, and the equivalent for me...bathing suit...

I'm usually SUCH an over-planner, and this is going to be a real exercise in simplicity for me!!

Just make sure you check the Navaigator (newsletter) each day to get the information you will need. You will receive one when you check in at the port or you can download an app to your phone.
It will tell you how to pick up tickets for the Princess and Anna and Elsa greeting. Ginger Bread House making and the show times.
Enjoy, RELAX and know you can't do everything.

Thanks...we're scheduled for Remy's on the last night and I thought I'd bring a dress for this...is the dress up optional night a certain night of the cruise?
Usually, on a 3 night cruise, it's the last night. Pirate night is night 2.

Oh yes...I forgot about the Navigator app...that's something that wasn't in existence last time we went on the cruise!

I am having anxiety reading this ( I am an over planner) I usually start packing about three weeks in advance so I cant tell you anything from experience except offer you the packing list that I use http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/packing.htm I choose what is needed based on my family as well as the length of cruise we are taking. If you are planning any excursions I would recommend to be sure to pack an extra outfit for that day as well. Happy planning... Have fun.

Last edited:
I can honestly say I don't really remember what anyone else on board wore during the cruise except a couple of really elaborate costumes on Pirate night. Most people I noticed had on some sort of pirate themed attire, but many did not. On optional dress up I wore a "Sunday" dress, but my husband wore khaki shorts and a polo!I did see one tux. We spent the days in swimsuits/cover ups or shorts and t-shirts , including to the tastings and shows. Point is, wear what you are happy in-no one will remember!

Thanks in advance!

What I'm thinking is: BEST CRUISE EVER!!!! Have Fun. You've had no cruise stress leading up to this holiday, and the cruise can be stress free if you let it.

I'm looking forward to you reporting on how the "no planning cruise" went ::yes::

What I'm thinking is: BEST CRUISE EVER!!!! Have Fun. You've had no cruise stress leading up to this holiday, and the cruise can be stress free if you let it.

I'm looking forward to you reporting on how the "no planning cruise" went ::yes::

You know...I think I'm starting to agree with you!!

Happy to help. Other than Palo and Remy, the dress code is really non-existent on the 3 nt. cruises. We are last minute packers and tend to throw some casual clothes in suitcase and just go.

Have a great trip.

STILL haven't packed, LOL! But starting right now. Which brings me to another question. Clothing color/style...I feel like it's winter and I normally wear black slacks with some nice tops. (I live in Florida year-round, so have lightweight black stuff.) However, it's also the Caribbean, and I wonder if I should be leaning more towards summery colors with white pants. HOWEVER, it's Christmas and I'm back to a darker, Christmas-type color scheme (red, green, black).

Am I crazy? Maybe...but would love anyone's 2¢ (not about whether I'm crazy or not...just color "leanings"!!) :)

Just off the Magic, very few passengers wore anything related to Christmas....I was surprised, but truly, lighter colors prevailed.

Have a great cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter