Leaving in one week and have planned.... nothing???

supernova

DIS Veteran
So on Thanksgiving, it came to me that I was leaving for WDW on December 5th and I haven't done a single thing. I haven't packed any clothes, haven't booked my rental car, no Christmas Party tickets, no Fastpasses, and no ADR's. When I say I haven't done anything, I mean anything.

Maybe it's because I go to WDW once a year, or because I was just there in last September and will be back in January for a long weekend, but I can't seem to get myself psyched for this one. Guess I've just become a jaded Disney veteran.

Granted, I am never one to make silly charts, graphs, color-coded index cards, or anything that some insane people seem to find necessary. But if I can visit for a week without any planning, then perhaps all of that other stuff is just superfluous?

Has this ever happened to anyone else? I am ALWAYS a plan only a small bit and then just go with the flow sort of guy. But with nothing set and I'm leaving one week from yesterday... :)

Booked Christmas part tickets. When I went in mid September, the Halloween party was actually sold out on the night I attended, and that was the second night of the event. Insane that it wasn't even October yet and the tickets were all gone. Rather than risk it, I bought mine.

Now when I get home tonight, I need to figure out where my Magic Bands are from a couple of months ago. Didn't bother ordering new ones. How many of those things can I own??

I rarely books ADRs except for Tea at GF, other than that if we want a TS we go the day of to GS at whatever park we are at and see what's available. It's the advantage of having PHs (AP for me) and being just adults. We get to try new restaurants and aren't tied down and trying to plan other things around food. Sometimes I book FP the night before, sometimes we just go and stand in line. Again, an advantage to PHs, going frequently and having been going since before FP so standing in line is kind of normal. We are never in a hurry, we don't get upset if we don't get to ride something or see something, it's vacation, we relax. Oh, and I have two of every color of mb plus 2 more for my AP bands. I stopped getting new ones a few trips ago.

I rarely books ADRs except for Tea at GF, other than that if we want a TS we go the day of to GS at whatever park we are at and see what's available. It's the advantage of having PHs (AP for me) and being just adults. We get to try new restaurants and aren't tied down and trying to plan other things around food. Sometimes I book FP the night before, sometimes we just go and stand in line. Again, an advantage to PHs, going frequently and having been going since before FP so standing in line is kind of normal. We are never in a hurry, we don't get upset if we don't get to ride something or see something, it's vacation, we relax. Oh, and I have two of every color of mb plus 2 more for my AP bands. I stopped getting new ones a few trips ago.
Nice! Glad someone else besides me 'gets' it when it comes to not over-planning a trip. Living in NYC and only visiting once or twice a year, it doesn't make sense for me to invest in an AP at this point. I'm a DVC member, which is costing me enough. Plus, I only visit the parks on one day during my stay, along with the hard-ticket event of the season, so cost-wise, the AP won't work for now. Someday, though, perhaps :)

I did try to order one of each color (yes, even pink) on the Magic Bands. But until they release a new color, I'm done :)

Last edited:
Figured since I'm going to be at DHS on Tuesday evening for the last year of the lights, I decided to grab a FastPass for Toy Story. Now they want me to choose two more, but there isn't anything there that you need a FastPass for. Most are near walk-ons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter