Leaving in 2 Days - Why Do We Have a Risk of Not Getting In?

TiffFromTX

Mouseketeer
Hi all!

So we are staying at Boardwalk and bought tickets and have park reservations. But I was reading how we need to be there as early as possible to ensure we get in.

Unless it's after 2 PM when park hoppers can get in, how am I at risk of not getting access if everyone MUST have a reservation? Are they overselling?

I had hoped to be able to have a leisurely vacation (we sleep in and stay up late) but not if we risk not getting park access.

Is it all the time or just new year's eve or NY day? So annoyed. I'll be dragging *** being up this early when I work late at night, etc.

If you have a valid ticket and a reservation to Park X, you can get into Park X any time that day.

I've seen people saying (especially NYE) that we'd better be there ASAP before it's at capacity. Unsure how that happens if reservations are required. I hope you're right!

I've seen people saying (especially NYE) that we'd better be there ASAP before it's at capacity. Unsure how that happens if reservations are required. I hope you're right!
I think people are thinking of past years or thinking of park hopping. Should be, actually better be fine.
I agree, they're thinking of past years, when yes you did have to be at MK or Epcot very early or risk being shut out. Now, one of the advantages of park reservations is that you're guaranteed entry and re-entry if you have a reservation for that park. You are not guaranteed being able to hop to any park.

If you have a reservation you should be able to enter that park whenever (if you are hopping you may be denied entry)

if you plan to purchase/take advantage of genie + than arrival time matters as if return times fill up for all applicable attractions you risk paying the $15+tax per person only to just have access to photo filters and audio commentary

If you have a reservation you should be able to enter that park whenever (if you are hopping you may be denied entry)

if you plan to purchase/take advantage of genie + than arrival time matters as if return times fill up for all applicable attractions you risk paying the $15+tax per person only to just have access to photo filters and audio commentary

Do you mean the 2 paid attractions or regular Genie +? I have regular Genie + paid for and I plan on waking at 7 to reserve the paid ones for later, but I was hoping to catch a few more Zs :)

Do you mean the 2 paid attractions or regular Genie +? I have regular Genie + paid for and I plan on waking at 7 to reserve the paid ones for later, but I was hoping to catch a few more Zs :)
Regular
At 7am you can book your first ride (unlike the individual attractions where you can select times you are assigned the next available time) the next ride can be booked either after you tap into your first ride or two hours after park open whatever happens first

if you woke at 7 am to select a time for your paid ones and you already have genie+ I’d just look too see what attraction has the latest return time listed already and book that and go from there with your plans

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter