Leaving in 2 days - how to tell the kids!?!

No Wheat Pete

Earning My Ears
Back in the fall, DH and I planned a family trip to WDW for next week. Our flight leaves at 7 am on Monday morning. Although we have been hinting at going to WDW sometime in the next year, the kids (DS4 & DD7) have no idea we are going next week. Although surprising them on Monday morning would be fun (well, maybe not at 4 am), I really want them to have a few days for the trip to sink in. We also want to be able to talk about what we are doing, behavior, expectations, etc. And I need them to help pack.

And good ideas about how to tell them the news? I don't have much time to prepare anything too complicated (like a treasure hunt). How and when did you tell your children that a Disney trip was coming up?

Thanks!

how about the idea of the box of balloons with the note at the bottom? Get a big box, go to a grocery or party store and get a bunch of helium balloons, put them in the box with a note attached that says you leave on monday morning. Wrap up the box...when they open it, the balloons fly out and they see the note!

Or...run to walmart or some place and get a disney backpack with goodies-snacks, trinkets, books, etc.,...give it to them and tell them they will need it on the plane on monday! :)

Print out a copy of Cinderella's Castle, cut it up into puzzle pieces and get them to help put it together. Before you cut it up, write WANT TO GO TO DISNEY? MOM AND DAD in a big marker...

That's what we did and it was priceless! Make sure you have the video camera running when they get it together.... it will be well worth it.

Have fun!

We did the helium balloons in the box with big signs saying we were going to Disney in 7 days and included a countdown sheet. We put Disney sweatshirts in the bottom for them to wear on the airplane. My children (9 and 4) loved it. My youngest was excited about the balloons coming out of the box until her brother told her she was going to see the castle. That really got her excited!!!

I like the puzzle idea too. :thumbsup2 Very clever. Might have to use that one for our trip to Disney in Nov.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter