Leaving in 18 days and outside of park reservations and some adrs - no real planning? Bad move?

Maggie The Cat

Mouseketeer
We have our dinner ADRS, what parks we want on what days and that's it! Just two of us.

All I know is we will try and purchase Tron, ROTR, FoP and GOTG (on their respective reservation days) and decide morning of if we want to buy Genie + for the park we are visiting. I think we will buy it once for each park, then the other days we visit parks perhaps only buy again for MK? Doing two days at each park (plus hopping).

Missing anything you can think of?

Last edited:
If you're familiar with how G+ and ILL and VQ work, you'll be fine with your approach. We usually take a similar plan with us! You didn't mention it, but if you're onsite at WDW, you can make those ILLs at 7AM, else it's at park opening, which could be more challenging for the newest attractions. Have a great trip!

If you're familiar with how G+ and ILL and VQ work, you'll be fine with your approach. We usually take a similar plan with us! You didn't mention it, but if you're onsite at WDW, you can make those ILLs at 7AM, else it's at park opening, which could be more challenging for the newest attractions. Have a great trip!

Yep, on-site. Thanks!

That's about all we do but we usually don't even have any adrs for meals and wing it. I know the park hours, park day events, and have an idea of when we'll get to a park/take breaks but beyond that, it's more fluid mostly due to not wanting to be so strict with the schedule and also, if we do buy G+, I feel like it's silly to plan since you're at the mercy of the genie. I do think we may back track more than when we used FP+. But if you have your priority order of what you want to do, you should be good to go. I think a lot of planning is needed for people who've not been in a long time or never have been but if you've been recently, than it's really not that complex.

We have our dinner ADRS, what parks we want on what days and that's it! Just two of us.

All I know is we will try and purchase Tron, ROTR, FoP and GOTG (on their respective reservation days) and decide morning of if we want to buy Genie + for the park we are visiting. I think we will buy it once for each park, then the other days we visit parks perhaps only buy again for MK? Doing two days at each park (plus hopping).

Missing anything you can think of?
I'm in the same boat as you. We arrive 4/20. You've done all you can do for now. Make sure you try for VQ at the same time you're doing LL for GOTG and TRON. You can double your fun! Right now I'm just trying to get a lower car rental and looking at the menus of my ADRs.

Last edited:
I am always an extreme planner including for our last trip in May. However, I threw it all to the wind once we got there and pretty much changed everything and winged it. ADRs, park reservations, everything! It was the best trip! I'm not sure we really kept much of my original plans. We used G+ and park hopping to our advantage and modified/added ADRs last minute with no problem.

It is still possible to be flexible and have a great visit - even with all the changes with G+, ILL, etc. Of course, having said that, I'm still right in planning mode as usual for our Nov trip :D

I don't think you are missing anything and how you've approached it sounds good. Have a great trip!

That's about all we do but we usually don't even have any adrs for meals and wing it. I know the park hours, park day events, and have an idea of when we'll get to a park/take breaks but beyond that, it's more fluid mostly due to not wanting to be so strict with the schedule and also, if we do buy G+, I feel like it's silly to plan since you're at the mercy of the genie. I do think we may back track more than when we used FP+. But if you have your priority order of what you want to do, you should be good to go. I think a lot of planning is needed for people who've not been in a long time or never have been but if you've been recently, than it's really not that complex.

I see nothing whatsoever wrong with this plan except we don't do ILL$ or G+. Our motto if a standby line looks too long is "Next trip."
The combination of the two is more us. We don't do ADRs in advance, just day of and we don't buy Genie+ or ILLs. If we want to ride something we stand in line, how long we will wait just depends on the day and our mood and the weather and if we are tired and what way the wind was blowing and if the stars are aligned. We have stood in line for 2 hours (FOP when it first opened) and we have passed up half hour waits, just depends. When I'm solo I'm more apt to wait in the longer lines, I really don't have plans so armed with the Kindle app on my phone, I'm good with standing in line. We also always have hoppers, if the park is too crowded (and it's after 2 darn you Disney) we just hop somewhere else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter