Leaving Friday for Sequoia/Just got back!

WebmasterMaryJo

Techarita
Staff member
Administrator
We're going to Sequoia next weekend for a few days. I can hardly wait!!

My xSIL & her family will be going (her dh, & two sons 8 & 6). My ds, Nick, can only go up for a few days, and then it's just Kelly & me in our big tent.

MMMMM.... the Sierras. :sunny:

137giantforest2brandi.jpg

148tunneltree.jpg

160crescentmeadowfern.jpg

We almost always see bears when we go.
121sequoiabear.jpg

070humelake.jpg

079humelake1kayakkids.jpg

099sandycovegirls.jpg

The largest living thing in the world
183generalshermankids2.jpg

254campsitenick.jpg

001tentgirls.jpg

Those photos are amazing. I hope you have a fab trip. When you said Sequoia I straight away thought of the Sequoia Lodge at Disneyland Paris! Whoops, wrong place!!

Have a great trip! I had the pleasure of going once. It was amazing!

Uh, the bears would totally freak me out! :scared1:

Have fun!

Our trip this year is in August. Do you stay in Lodgepole.? That's our favorite!!!!

We have never seen bears. I'll keep my eyes open this trip!!

Have fun!!!

Danauk - hopefully I'll be able to say that about the hotel in Paris. lol

Yup - we're staying in Lodgepole. We didn't get our FAVORITE campsites, but got some right next to them.

We usually go in August, too, but this year I thought I was going to go someplace else, so we chose end of June. It's been a long time since I've camped in June (talking teen years in Yosemite), but even if it's a bit cool we'll have a great time. The rivers will be a lot fuller.

We're used to seeing bears. One time one came down a hill running at us & I had to chase it away. Another time one got in our bear box, that my cousin didn't latch well (she didn't know). I have a pic of it's paw print on our cooler. Remind me to tell our bear stories sometime. :)

It would be so cool to have a DIS Meet at Sequoia for a long weekend. Camping in Lodgepole. :sunny:

Wow!** Those pictures are great*** We are going out in July.* how long does it take to get there from disney if you leave around 800?

It would be so cool to have a DIS Meet at Sequoia for a long weekend. Camping in Lodgepole. :sunny:

Yes it would be fun. Not sure how many can "rough it" from our girls' trip!!
I have never been in June. May, July, Aug, September and we even went in October once the last weekend before they closed the showers!!! (I can cook over a fire, pee in the woods, but I MUST shower daily.

The coldest was September. It was 27 degrees one morning. Frosty!!! We tent camp with a summer weight tent. Still had a ton of fun!!

Seeing your pictures makes me anxious for August!!!

AMy

Just got back from our Sequoia trip & it was BEAUTIFUL there. We thought it would be a lot cooler than it was, but it was t-shirt & shorts during the day & long sleeves & pants in evenings/mornings. I'll post a few pics when I get a chance. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter