leaving for my exchange in Hawaii next week!

babylisa4

Mouseketeer
We leave next week for our exchange at Kapalua Bay!
We fly to Honolulu and stay at Hilton Hawaiian Village for 2 nights. There are 2 adults and two teenage sons. We want to see Pearl Harbor. After that we go on to Kapalua Bay on Maui. I have the Old Lahaina Luau booked. I need to book a snorkling boat trip. We stay at Kapalua for 5 nights and then move to the Grand Wailea for 2 nights and then home. I feel like I need to have more planned. If this were Disney, I'd have every day mapped out but I am just a fish out of water on this one. Please tell me things not to miss! Or good places to eat or good trips you liked!
Or any other hints! I promise to post a trip report about the exchange when I get back!

One thing I'll mention that wasn't mentioned on the other thread is the Haleakala bike ride. You ride to the top of a dormant (not extinct) volcano in a van. Then you ride down something like 35 miles or so on a bike. It's really a lot of fun. (practically all coasting - on bikes with really good brakes!) Views are spectacular. There are lots of vendors to choose from. And many people go for the early ride to watch the sunrise up there. Did that once, but opted to do a later-in-the-day trip last time.

Also did the Old Lahaina Luau. You'll enjoy that.

In Honolulu, I really enjoy the breakfast buffet at the Royal Hawaiian hotel. It's expensive, but sitting on the patio watching the sun rise over Diamond Head while eating fresh pinapple and papaya, and drinking Kona coffee is just short of heaven.

Also, if you like to walk/hike, you can hike up to the top of Diamond Head. Great views.

We spent a week of our honeymoon in Maui. The other week was in Kauai, so I can't really help you out with Oahu. Anyway, while we were ih Maui, we did so many activities, it would make your head spin!!!! We actually stayed at the Four Seasons, which is next to the Grand Wailea, it's a BEAUTIFUL resort, you 'll have a GREAT time there!!! While in Maui, we took a snorkel trip to Molakini(sp) and it was AWESOME!! I'd definately recommend it. We also took a trip, in which we got up early and went up to the top of Halekulani (the volacano) watched the sun rise and then rode bikes down the side of the mountain! That was fun, your boys might like that, except the getting up early. We also went horsebackriding along the coast and then into the rainforest, a good adventure too. We didn't know about any of these activities until we checked in and went to the concierge desk. They had all the brochures for these activities, and made all the arrangements. I'd suggest after checking in, go to the concierge desk and ask them for advice. Go early, since these trips do book up quickly,b ut if you go early in your trip, you should be able to get in them. Have a GREAT trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter