• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

leaving a credit card at onsite hotels

Candice30

World's Greatest Aunt! -- or so the kids tell me.
do you have to leave a credit card on file at the universal resorts? i just stayed at disney in august and they only required a credit card or cash deposit if i wanted charging priviledges on my room key. is it the same at universal? also, has anyone ever left their debit card? any problems with that?

You can put a debit card down, but you have to specify how much they can put a hold on. Someone posted that this happened to them and a large amount was put on hold. Others have done it, but specified what should be put on hold. You can put cash down, but I don't know if they would allow charging priveleges.

When we went in July, we were asked if we wanted charging privileges good throughout the parks during our stay. RPR had it divided into different increments....$100, $200, etc. We chose the $100 one just in case we decided on something big. The charge privilege was only activated on the adult room keys. I just looked at our room keys and there's nothing to identify them as such. I'm assuming that was for safety reasons. We would have had to show a credit card anyway in case they had to charge for any damages to the room, in-room bar use, etc. We had no problems with our credit card billing statement showing "accidental" charges from RPR.

No, you do not have to leave a credit card on file if you do not want to at Universal. I had prepaid my rooms and ended up just having to pay the parking fees when checking out. This was in August of this year. I don't know if they would make you leave a card if you haven't fully paid.

Thats good to know asa I do not intend to bring one this year to avoid over spending:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter