Least crowded week in Jan or Feb of 2018?

Zhaan

Mouseketeer
Hi all! I'm trying to plan a trip from some time in mid-January to around the 3rd week or so in February during the Festival of the Arts at Epcot for 1 week in 2018. I know to avoid the marathon weekend and President's Day weekend, but otherwise are there any weeks that are lower crowds more so than others?

Thanks!

I vaguely remember it took awhile for the crowds to dip a little after the holidays so end of feb might be better both weather and crowd wise.

edit: it never really got that empty though. I definately enjoyed not being at the first weekend better for the festival. the first weekend was mainly springs art at epcot and wasn't that special but the other weekends when more artists got into the mix it improved..

We were there for five days February 1-6, 2017. It was great. Low crowds and we had great weather although there's no way to guarantee the weather! I recommend the week going from the end of January into early February. Avoid the week of Mardi Gras which is Valentine's Day next year.

We were there for five days February 1-6, 2017. It was great. Low crowds and we had great weather although there's no way to guarantee the weather! I recommend the week going from the end of January into early February. Avoid the week of Mardi Gras which is Valentine's Day next year.

Same for us. Last week of January and first week of February have been great. Weather is the only thing that can be hit or miss, we had high 40s our first day, but by day 3 it was 75 and sunny the rest of the week.

I have heard mid to late Jan is fabulous. Kids all done with Christmas break.

I've gone 4 times in early February, always getting out by the Thursday before Presidents Day. This year I was there Feb 4-11 and am looking at Feb 3-10, 2018. Weather has been beautiful most of the time and crowds seem good, although you will probably see some tour groups.

We went Jan 21-31 this year and will be going Feb 2-8 in 2018. The crowds this year were very manageable. Lots of fastpass availability at 60 days, and lots of options for 4th 5th fastpass each day. Dining reservations were also plentiful at 6 months. Was able to get everything we wanted. We never felt overwhelmed. On two different MK days it rained or threatened to rain. Those days were so great for ride availability. Otherwise the temps ranged from 60-80 during the day and 50-60 at night.

Last week of February is generally amazing-low crowds and gorgeous weather. We had three perfect trips in 2014, 15, and 16. This year, however it was Mardi Gras week so the crowds were ridiculous-more like Easter week.

We went Jan 21-31 this year and crowds seemed a bit worse than last year but the weather was much better (70-80). Epcot was crowded with FoTA on the weekend but everything else was manageable. In 2016 it was very cold (40s some mornings) but less crowded. Although I'd say 2016 had more BTG (or maybe it was just my first experience with them so it seemed worse).

February is very busy depending on holiday schedules. You have the following to look into:

President's week
Northern schools Winter Breaks
Louisiana Mardi Gras break
Daytona 500
Early Spring Breaks
BTG's
Cheer/Dance/Football etc

and this is just off the top of my head.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter