least amt of park days in how many vaca days?

newholiday

<font color=000099>Tomorrow is ME day<br><font col
What's the least amt of park days (Disney & non-disney) that you have spent while on vaca? How long were you actually on Disney property?
Thinking of making use of our 1bedroom - spending 4park days, 1 park night - over a 7night stay

While in High School we went every year for the dance competition and only got to go to a park for one day. I still enjoyed my trips very much regardless of how many days we were actually in the parks. We had fun just around town- if course I was a crazy teen back then!:crazy:

We took a trip last September for 7 nights... NO PARKS for the whole trip.... we had a blast!

We are going in May for 10 days. We have left over park hoppers that have 2 days and 4 plusses left, and we aren't buying any passes this trip. I'm really excited about really enjoying SAB, and doing other stuff that we never get to do, and not feel like we are wasting precious park time. We are going to putt-putt, and everyone in the family picked a restaurant that they wanted to eat at. DD will turn 8 while we are there. She picked chef mickeys for her birthday dinner, and I booked the pirate cruise for my oldest 2 DD's for her birthday. All stuff we wouldn't probably do if we were at the parks all day.

Laurabearz: Cute new pic of your kids!

In July of 2002, our family of 6 did the 4 Disney parks, Typhoon Lagoon, & Downtown Disney in a week. We stayed in a Fort Wilderness Cabin.

This July will be our first DVC trip. We will be going to Universal instead for 2 or 3 days, not sure how long it takes since I have never been there.

We will be staying at BCV and spending time at SAB and visiting our new home resort, SSR.

We have talked about a waterpark only trip sometime in future.

Thanks,
Rex

Originally posted by ErinC
We are going in May for 10 days. We have left over park hoppers that have 2 days and 4 plusses left, and we aren't buying any passes this trip.
We are doing the same thing for our October BCV trip... We have left over PHP and will use 2 of the 4 days left for parks, and maybe use a plus for a waterpark, then the rest of the time hang out and enjoy SAB/boardwalk area! On second thought, SAB IS a waterpark to kids our kids age... so we will hang onto those plus's for a even future trip....

Since our rooms are paid for, the next highest cost is tickets.... When the kids are older we will all have AP's, but for now we can get 3 trips outta a 7 day hopper plus, hang onto the plus features (again prepaid, locked in price) for years to come, when the kids can get more outta the water parks and such.

With AP's we felt more compelled to go to the parks.... with out them we are free to relax!

Laurabearz: Cute new pic of your kids!

Thanks!
:teeth:

We have one day park hopper left so when we go next January for the first week we use them probably to go to AK, the only park left we like. For the next week we will go other places, Sea World, Universal, etc. The third week of Jan we will buy AP, and the forth week we of course will have the annual passes. When we come down the following Jan 2006 we will have the AP for the first half of Jan, the second half we will not go to the parks. We really have not much desire to go to the parks anymore. We used to love Epcot but they changed it too much for us.

17 days last summer = 4 park days!!!

This year I will buy the 7 day park hopper plus and between our 1 week in April and our 17 days in July, I anticipate that we will have some days left over!!!!

In June of 2001 we stayed 6 nights, did 2 park days. It was much more crowded than I was expecting, and it was extremely hot, and I was 6 months pregnant..and was not in the mood to deal with the crowds. After the first 2 days, we stayed out of the parks.
So we spent every day by the pool, resort hopping, playing miniature golf, going to DTD etc. We had a great time!

We usually do about half park days and half non-park. Although one of our "non-park" days usually includes 3 to 4 hours of a water park.

We spend a week every year and this year we will use up the 7-day tickets we've had for the past 2 visits. I guess that comes out to less than half the days at a park.

Our stays in the summer are usually 4-6 days with no parks. The only exception is going to Epcot at night for dinner. We haven't gone to WDW in the summer for the past two years (we were visiting other places :scared1: -- don't tell anyone!) and I have really missed those R&R days.

Kristen

this time will be there 6 days - 1 day at WDW - probably AK maybe MK or Epcot that night - big maybe, one day at SW (have annual passes there - besides I just love to feed the dolphins......:o )

:teeth:

For the trip we are going on next we are staying a week and only doing 3 park days. This is a first for us. Usually it's at least 4 or 5 park days. We usually stay closer to 10 days though too. This was a last minute tripped planned in under a month. So the budget kind of needed to reflect that.

Hi , On our 2002 trip we left on a Friday our passes ran out on Tuesday ( we did parks Sat,Sun Mon and Tues ) and got a MVMCCP ticket ( in which it rained all night so they cancelled alot but hey it was still ok ) and came back home on a sunday early AM so I guess we did 5 park days in a 10 day vacation .. it was kinda nice to have some down time -we also did one of the mini golf courses and DTD too .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter