Learned something today - a confirmed reservation is priced by the member when sold at DVC Rental Store

sharadoc

Visit WDW since '86, driving since '94.
We've had to move around our trip, I swear we never changed dates when we paid cash through Disney but our last 3 trips renting points and we had to cancel and rebook something else. Luckily DVC Rental Store issues credits to be used on a future reservation so it's not so painful.

We just had to cancel a BWV 1BR for June 5-11 due to my 90 year old Dad having surgery. We kept our BRV starting the 11th and wanted to add something June 15-19. Disney had nothing available but we found a confirmed reservation on the DVC Rental Store site for a Beach Club Villa 1 BR. Perfect!or so we thought lol! The price is $32 a point!!! I guess it's a supply and demand thing. This is probably our last time our whole family is together before our youngest moves out of town so we were willing to pay it but OOF!

Just wanted to put it out there - check the cost of a confirmed reservation vs. renting - the renting may be less.

At 32 a point did you take it?

the owner took a risk that someone would buy it.

I‘m all for free market economy, but i would have the bodies part to list a confirmed res for that price….

but if you are happy, and they are happy,

it must be a good deal…

but I need to re think the pricing in the confirmed res I have in Feb.

We've had to move around our trip, I swear we never changed dates when we paid cash through Disney but our last 3 trips renting points and we had to cancel and rebook something else. Luckily DVC Rental Store issues credits to be used on a future reservation so it's not so painful.

We just had to cancel a BWV 1BR for June 5-11 due to my 90 year old Dad having surgery. We kept our BRV starting the 11th and wanted to add something June 15-19. Disney had nothing available but we found a confirmed reservation on the DVC Rental Store site for a Beach Club Villa 1 BR. Perfect!or so we thought lol! The price is $32 a point!!! I guess it's a supply and demand thing. This is probably our last time our whole family is together before our youngest moves out of town so we were willing to pay it but OOF!

Just wanted to put it out there - check the cost of a confirmed reservation vs. renting - the renting may be less.
$32 per point has to be approaching the cash cost of renting that room straight from Disney.

$32 per point has to be approaching the cash cost of renting that room straight from Disney.
Yes pretty close. There is nothing else available those dates and yes I really wanted it. Close your eyes and get the credit card out lol. Only other Epcot option was S/D and we don't want just rooms so we went for it.

Many deceptive owners these days are resorting to the fact that most people are just unaware. The way people advertise confirmed rentals is shady.

I have rented out confirmed reservations thru David’s. I did not get to pick the price for them. They were priced just like all the other reservations. Owners do get to reduce their price if they want, but not overprice like you paid.

They do let the owner say the lowest price they will take, but they have the same limit David's does to my knowledge. The site is making that difference, not the owner.

Is there a way to save the credit for an 11 month booking where your credit would go further.... and use cash this trip instead? Club1hotels has (2) 1br suites at the Swan Reserve for over $1k less than the price you are paying via the voucher. The regular Dolphin is under $2k total for 2 queen rooms. I don't know the terms of the voucher....but if I could save that for down the road when I could extract more value from it at the 11 month window I would.
1651585827917.png

I just reached out to the DVC Rental Store. While they do let owners set the lowest amount they will accept, they told me it was up to $18 per point.

If they are listing reservations for this high are they are keeping the gap ? or are they giving the owner a larger amount if they are able to secure more?

I just reached out to the DVC Rental Store. While they do let owners set the lowest amount they will accept, they told me it was up to $18 per point.

If they are listing reservations for this high are they are keeping the gap ? or are they giving the owner a larger amount if they are able to secure more?
If they don’t pay owners a reasonable rate they will have nothing to sell !

Yes, 18 is ok depending on the resort

It wasn’t long ago it was 14.50 the owner.
Then post COVID some of the rental store rewrote their contracts to place all the risk onto the owners.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter