• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Le Cellier? ...Yay or Nay??

Le Cellier...Yay or Nay?

• Yay

• Nay

Results are only viewable after voting.
@Dug720 Honestly I felt more cramped at a 4 top at Le cellier than the 2 times we were at a two top (but that's because they stuck my daughter's highchair at the end of a 4 top instead of seating us at a 6 top). But I've also been to restaurants in NYC where we're packed like sardines (I remember being preggers and the server had to MOVE the table for my husband to get seated in the bench seat, while I took the exterior chair).

Personally I enjoyed the shared dining experience on the cruise line, becoming besties with cruise mates was the best part of the trip and I'm a completely introverted person with massive social anxiety....

I love the restaurant and have been multiple times. I had a few different appetizers and always the filet mignon. I loved all of it so much I served the filet and beer cheese soup at my Disney wedding. My only complaint of the restaurant is that the tables are way too close together. One time I was in a row of tables for two and could clearly hear the conversation three tables over and the table next to us was so close I could reach over and eat their food. That hasn't stopped me from going though, haven't had a bad meal yet.

Honestly, my last visit was the deal breaker. The quality of the meat was horrible...don't call it a filet when it's really not. I thought everything but the Cheese Soup (still amazing) was over salted and not of the quality I expect and have had in previous years. IMO I would skip this and try something else.

I think the general consensus is that in terms of food quality most find it somewhere between good to great, however the pricing, both out of pocket, as a 2 credit signature restaurant on the dining plan is far too steep. Neither the food, or the rather pedestrian ambiance of the restaurant itself really warrant the exorbitant price they ask.

The place was a gem as a one credit (or $30-40 per meal) restaurant where one could get a good steak meal on property, but its popularity undoubtedly spurred them to make it signature so they could charge far higher prices, make more revenue per person, while lowering overall demand on the facility itself. (also see Be our Guest, where the same thing has basically happened, and their food product isn't even as good as LeCellier, but theming admittedly is at least spot on there)

For what we paid.....never again. I enjoyed electric umbrella more. At 1/10 the price.
No steak is worth...over 50.00 I can get a NY strip at Kroger (7.00) grill it an its better than La Cellier

Honestly, I love their food, but it is way out of our price range now. When DD was under 10, it was still 1 credit for lunch, so we'd get the dining plan and have lunch there. Now that she's older the DP doesn't make sense, and spending that kind of money on food doesn't either.
Their filet is honestly the best steak I've ever eaten, but I can't pay that much any more. The last time our service was pretty poor, too.

Have really enjoyed every meal i have had there. And the menu changes with just enough frequency to keep most people's favorites, and adding something new

If your previous experience there was bad, why even ask? I think you already have your answer.

FWIW, I feel Le Cellier is overrated. There are a lot of Epcot places I would eat before stopping there
I guess I was hoping this place had improved since then. I'd be willing to give it another try. But you're right, if my instincts tell me no (and since the reviews are mixed), then i should probably just pass on it altogether. And i agree, there are a ton of better restaurants in Epcot.

I think the tables are too close together. The food is good, but somewhat overpriced. The rest of my family loves it, but I could easily skip it.

What are your thoughts on Le Cellier? My first experience here was not a good one so i'm a bit hesitant. I read a lot of mixed reviews of this place, this is another reason im on the fence. Thoughts?

Here's my two cents- Pros- poutine was good, a bit over salted, but good. Waiter was very knowledgable about canada and the breads were great.

Cons- very expensive, nothing special as far as theming- just another steakhouse IMO. Nothing you can't get at your local steakhouse.
Nothing we ate really stood out and while I am used to expensive meals at WDW, this is a NO for us based on overall perceived value.

I would not go back to Le Cellier again. No need for us.

Once upon a time when Le Cellier was a regular restaurant is was a must do, but it became popular, the prices spiked to a signature restaurant, the quality dropped and the goal now seems to rush you through the meal. Nowadays I would rather spend the money elsewhere.

We've only been there once on our last trip but my bf loved it so much he chose it to be his birthday dinner when we go back in September. I did feel like service was a bit rushed, we were offered soup or salad and then no mention of dessert afterwards, just brought the bill. I got the filet which was absolutely delicious and my bf got the strip which he obviously enjoyed.

One of my favorites...the prices don’t bother me because they are in line with most high end steak house...as to the quality, I have never had a complaint. I get the cheddar cheese soup, which is amazing and the filet with the risotto, also been good. Depending on how many folks in the party, a poutine and some veggies and the desserts have been good. But food is subjective...value differs as well...if you want a steak, it’s a good choice..

My husband and I have gone a few times. Some since it became a 2 credit meal. I have realized next time if i just ordered soup and dessert that would be fine with Me. So we wont be using 2 table credits anytime in the future for Le Cellier.

We really enjoyed it when we went, but it was a while ago. My husband requested it for our trip next month. It's the only restaurant he requested. (and that we NOT do the Wave).

It's been a while since we were there, so I was going to do lunch, which was 1 TS credit for lunch, and 2 TS credits for dinner. Is it 2 TS credits for lunch now as well?

We really enjoyed it when we went, but it was a while ago. My husband requested it for our trip next month. It's the only restaurant he requested. (and that we NOT do the Wave).

It's been a while since we were there, so I was going to do lunch, which was 1 TS credit for lunch, and 2 TS credits for dinner. Is it 2 TS credits for lunch now as well?
I believe the lunch and dinner menus are the same now and lunch is 2 credits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter