Le Cellier Was Nuts!

I've only been in bars that are that loud never have I walked into an Applebees even on a Friday/Saturday night with it that loud.
Also I have never sat somewhere that with only half extending my arm I could touch the plate of the person at the next table.
I'm not dissing it. I do enjoy eating there. But I have never eaten at a restaurant that loud or cramped in my normal life.
Interesting because the 2 Appleby's I've been to (I try not to eat fast food in general) were loud. Not ear splitting loud, more like the same level of noise found at Olive Garden, TGIF, Outback, etc.. None of them are date night quiet eateries more like family friendly places to my ears at least.
The menu is too carb-centric for me to have much interest so we haven't eaten there yet. A friend of the man's keeps reccomending it but so far the man's been happy with other steak dinners at WDW.

It really depends where they seat you. while it is more crowded than it used to be, some areas seem to be packed tighter.
While we liked it better before DDP, not as crowded, didn't notice any significant drop in food quality.

I’m sorry to hear your sort-of negative experience at Le Celier. I’ve only been there twice, but I loved it both times. I guess I don’t mind a little noise, since I can be a little noisy myself sometimes. That being said, I always get a steak there, which is great, but I need to venture out at some point and try another steak. I’ve stayed at the BC two times and NEVER made it next door to the Yachtsman to try their steak which I hear is excellent, but, I digress. Peace and love!

Yachtsman steak is ok, better than Le Celliers, but not a great steak. Flying Fish has a great steak every time we've had it. Shulas has a great steak. Even those were not in my top ten steaks in my life - i.e. anyone from Omaha would probably be disappointed by Shula or the Flying Fish and think Le Celliers steak is barely edible. But that is sort of the nature of things - apparently, in NYC you think nothing of eating so close to a stranger that you knock elbows if they are left handed, in Omaha, you'd be offended by the steak at Le Cellier. My husband is a steak guy, and its taken 25 years of Disney trips, but he's finally learned to order very few Disney World steaks at a very few places.

I've been in really loud restaurants at home. Once I've been to one, I don't tend to return - at least not at anything resembling a peak time. Part of that is age, I'm in my 50s now and don't hear as well as I did ten years ago, so a lot of background noise means I can't talk to my husband. Our kids are grown, so someone else's loud children at a table next to me isn't something that you can just ignore because your children are just as loud. But part of it is ambiance. We sit down to eat at Disney for an opportunity to get away from the noise and busyness, have a relaxing meal and an adult beverage and talk about our day - and we did even when our kids were younger. If it were just about feeding ourselves, there is great food all over Epcot for less money than sitting down. So being able to converse and relax is part of the deal - sitting next to strangers is not relaxing and a lot of ambient noise makes conversing hard as we age. That is one of the reasons we do Disney less than we used to. Food quality and ambiance have gone down, prices have gone up. And when you can spend a week in London for what it costs to go to Disney, I'd rather be in London - which has its share of crowded noisy restaurants, but where we've also eaten great food in a restaurant with six well spaced tables for a really reasonable amount of money.

Yachtsman steak is ok, better than Le Celliers, but not a great steak. Flying Fish has a great steak every time we've had it. Shulas has a great steak. Even those were not in my top ten steaks in my life - i.e. anyone from Omaha would probably be disappointed by Shula or the Flying Fish and think Le Celliers steak is barely edible. But that is sort of the nature of things - apparently, in NYC you think nothing of eating so close to a stranger that you knock elbows if they are left handed, in Omaha, you'd be offended by the steak at Le Cellier. My husband is a steak guy, and its taken 25 years of Disney trips, but he's finally learned to order very few Disney World steaks at a very few places.

I've been in really loud restaurants at home. Once I've been to one, I don't tend to return - at least not at anything resembling a peak time. Part of that is age, I'm in my 50s now and don't hear as well as I did ten years ago, so a lot of background noise means I can't talk to my husband. Our kids are grown, so someone else's loud children at a table next to me isn't something that you can just ignore because your children are just as loud. But part of it is ambiance. We sit down to eat at Disney for an opportunity to get away from the noise and busyness, have a relaxing meal and an adult beverage and talk about our day - and we did even when our kids were younger. If it were just about feeding ourselves, there is great food all over Epcot for less money than sitting down. So being able to converse and relax is part of the deal - sitting next to strangers is not relaxing and a lot of ambient noise makes conversing hard as we age. That is one of the reasons we do Disney less than we used to. Food quality and ambiance have gone down, prices have gone up. And when you can spend a week in London for what it costs to go to Disney, I'd rather be in London - which has its share of crowded noisy restaurants, but where we've also eaten great food in a restaurant with six well spaced tables for a really reasonable amount of money.
I can definitely see how having had Omaha steaks and what not on a frequent basis could elevate your taste level some notches!! I need to try one!! :-) I also respect your point about wanting a break from the crowds/noise when you sit at a nicer restaurant. I haven’t been to Disney enough yet to be able to make that observation about the quality over time going down. BUT I can definitely agree with the prices going up. YIKES!
Thanks for your thoughtful response!

Haven’t been there in 15 years. No desire to go back. I’ll stick with my various hotel restaurants on property and a few Disney spring places.

Was it louder because it's really enclosed? Cave-like? I have a reservation in December for around 7:10pm - do you think that is outside of "regular dining time" enough? I'm fine with the volume since we'll be with my 5 year old and our friends and THEIR 5 year old but if it's crazy bananas inside their kid has mild sensory issues and I want to be sure I'm managing their expectations.
If you have anyone in your party sensitive to crowds/loud places, I second @Tia1977 in recommending the Yachtsman as a nice alternative.

Yatchsman is good. We go each visit. Actually Narcoossee’s filet is really good always. Jikos filet is also good. Both these places are so consistant. Not a steak house but really really great places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter