Le Cellier Reservations

I think it's overrated too, but I have lunch booked there in September because I like the mussels. I'm not interested in the steak. (Didn't book it at 180 days either)

This will be my first trip to Disney, and following everyone's advice I was on at 5:45 am and kept refreshing the page. It let my 180+10 show up at 5:54, and I immediately clicked on LeCellier. :love: I got reservations at LeCellier for 7:15 pm dinner! Hope this helps someone else, I guess you have to be on a littler earlier than 6??? :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

I wasn't able to get any reservations at Le Cellier the last time I was in WDW. This time, I planned ahead for our October trip and tried to get reservations on the first day they were available (what can I say, I'm procrastinating).

My question, though, is that even on the first day I could only get a lunch reservation, dinner was completely full! Am I missing something? How is this possible? Why is this restaurant so popular or do they block out times?

Why ?
There is another thread current which has a person with double bookings.

This is probably a stupid question, but what do you have to do beforehand so that the Disney website knows you are staying on-site and so are able to book the 180 + 10? I booked via telephone, but I have already pulled up my reservation on the site... is that all I need to do at 180 days out to be able to make all my ADRs at once? :confused3

Yes... i went on at 5:30 am, registered on the website put in our reservation number and all that great stuff so the website recognized me. I logged on at 180 days out at 6 am - i got all of my reservations that we wanted, Chef Mickey, etc... but Le Cellier was the only one i didn't get and i couldn't figure out why but after reading this thread it makes so much more sense.

We were there years ago during the food and wine festival and we loved their little tasting booth - Cheddar Beer Soup - and my DH really wanted to go there this trip. We made res's at the Yachtsman's steakhouse instead.

Thx.

Yes... i went on at 5:30 am, registered on the website put in our reservation number and all that great stuff so the website recognized me. I logged on at 180 days out at 6 am - i got all of my reservations that we wanted, Chef Mickey, etc... but Le Cellier was the only one i didn't get and i couldn't figure out why but after reading this thread it makes so much more sense.

We were there years ago during the food and wine festival and we loved their little tasting booth - Cheddar Beer Soup - and my DH really wanted to go there this trip. We made res's at the Yachtsman's steakhouse instead.

Thx.

Thanks for the info! Did you try putting in your Le Cellier request for the end of the trip, and it still didn't work?

Being Canadian we wanted to try it out because DH worked with someone that used to work there and he said it was really good. Every other trip we just skipped it because we wanted to try other places...so this time we wanted to give it a shot and ended up only being able to get a lunch ressie. Oh well, better than nothing. :thumbsup2

We ate here pre-DDP in the fall of 2000. ADRs were called PS reservations, and they were not easy to get for LeCellier back then either. It's always been a Disboard favorite.

Our experience was that we really liked the food, but had some problems with the service. I wasn't crazy about the cellar-like atmosphere either, but we're giving it another try next trip. All you Disers are usually right (although Boma is one exception to that rule--can't stand that board fave).

We too have eaten here a few times before the DDP as well as a few with DDP. I have found that even when we weren't on the DDP service was spotty at best. The food is great, but I have noticed that the portions have shrunk. We now have a few hidden gems that we enjoy more, so if we get the "coveted" Le Cellier reservation we are good, but if not we still have some awesome places that have not quite gotten over hyped like Le Cellier.

best meal ever had at disney. try booking for the latter days in ur trip, more likely to get it!

I think it's a lot harder if you are dead set on getting a dinner reservation. I just booked my ADR's for October 11-15, and they have several lunch openings for each day during that timeframe.

Keep trying. I just booked a Le Cellier reservation for next week. I guess someone cancelled.

caroline

2 years ago August 2008 we were on the DDP and had ressies at LeCellier...the building was struck by lightning shortly before our dinner time. We had a limited menu available, only things that were pre-cooked as the kitchen was out of order- I was so annoyed-no filet mignon. For the inconvenience they ended up giving us a dining credit for our stay, but I am finally looking forward to actually eating what I want at LeCellier this time!

PS keep trying- got dinner time for September a few days ago must have been a cancellation!

I was up bright and early at 180 days out and there were no dinner reservations available...only lunch. I took lunch but ended up cancelling it because that would be one of heck of an expensive lunch. We're paying OOP.

2 years ago August 2008 we were on the DDP and had ressies at LeCellier...the building was struck by lightning shortly before our dinner time. We had a limited menu available, only things that were pre-cooked as the kitchen was out of order!

We were there that night too, wet through from the storm. We waited ages to be seated only to be told there was only prime rib left. We paid for our drinks and then went to eat at Foultons.

2 years ago August 2008 we were on the DDP and had ressies at LeCellier...the building was struck by lightning shortly before our dinner time. We had a limited menu available, only things that were pre-cooked as the kitchen was out of order- I was so annoyed-no filet mignon. For the inconvenience they ended up giving us a dining credit for our stay, but I am finally looking forward to actually eating what I want at LeCellier this time!

PS keep trying- got dinner time for September a few days ago must have been a cancellation!

We had something very similar happen to us in October of 2007. Kitchen was out of order (something wrong with the gas), and only cold entrees were available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter