Le Cellier or Monsieur Pauls for romantic dinner for 2?

Angeliki19

DIS Veteran
Hi! I'm making an ADR for my parents first trip to WDW. They want to have dinner at World Showcase and we have narrowed it down to these two. I have never been to either... can anyone offer any advice?

I am a fan of both, but for this type of dinner I would opt for Monsieur Paul. Nice, calm atmosphere. I think I'd give the food here an edge over Le Cellier. If it is timed right and you get lucky with a table near the windows, you might even catch part of Illuminations.

There is absolutely, positively and without a shadow of a doubt nothing romantic at all with the atmosphere of Le Cellier. The place is loud, it is cramped and the tables are stacked one on top of the other. It's even worse if you have the misfortune of being seated next to a servers station or a table close to the hallway to the restrooms. As for the food; average at best. ( I guess you can tell how I feel about this place). Monsieur Paul has a completely different atmosphere. The dining room is much quieter, has some nice views to the outside, has very good service and I myself think the food is so much better than LC. The first time I ever tried MP I went in to it with some caution since it seemed to have some mixed opinions, but left loving the experience. I have been back twice since and will certainly go there again.

Le Cellier is not romantic, IMO but I prefer the menu at Le Cellier (I'm not as adventurous as Monsieur Paul! ;)). Totally up to preference.

As others have said, there is nothing romantic about Le Cellier. But I do like their food. I'd go with MP.

Definitely Monsieur Paul's. Far more quiet romantic atmosphere and much better food IMHO!

Eating in Le Cellier is kind of like eating in a prison dungeon. No hopes for romance there. You'd have to drink a lot.

Le Cellier is the last place I would go to for a Romantic dinner Monsieur Pauls Definitely

I agree with all PP's! Le Cellier has good food, but it's so cramped and loud! MP's is a different experience altogether. The servers are classically trained servers from France so the service is spectacular. Fresh bread, delicious, fresh food, quiet, elegant. It's a hidden gem in WS!

If they are steak lovers, Le Cellier, but MP's will be more romantic for date night.

I vote for Monsieur Paul's. It's not quite as quiet as we thought it would be (as Chefs de France is downstairs and the noise seems to travel a bit) but it was very nice.

Some may find romance in a prison dungeon, just may not be the kind of romance they were looking for though. :crazy2::scared::earseek::rotfl2:
Though I also recommended Monsieur Paul's for a romantic dinner, I disagree completely about the characterization of Le Cellier as a prison dungeon!!!

While it may not be everyone's cup of tea - which is obviously fine - Le Cellier is styled after classic traditional steakhouses like ones found in Quebec City, set in wine cellars. It's a wine CELLAR... so not a rooftop terrace or restaurant with a view... ;)

1) Skip Le Cellier . . . no romance at all.
2) Pauls' is better, but still no real winner.

Our Ratings of Monsieur Paul: (*rev 2/03/2016*)
. . . food price value: D
. . . food quality: D
. . . food quantity per serving: C
. . . food prep speed: C
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: B
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: C
. . . staff attentiveness: C
. . . character interaction: n/a
Our Recommendations:
. . . appys:... Maine Lobster w/Mushrooms
. . . entree:.. Roasted Duck Breast
. . . dessert:. Puff Pastry with Lemon Cream
NOTE1: This is the revamped Bistro de Paris upstairs at Epcot-France. It was changed
to allow use of DDP credits instead of Out-Of-Pocket payment. They should have left it
alone. A MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT lurks for anyone expecting upscale dining and upscale
quality. The atmosphere is good, not great, the service and food were not up to Sig
levels. The chicken was rubbery, the soup was pasty, and the meat bland. The amuse
bouche was good, but that (by its very name) is one-bite, and one bite is not enough to
make the whole meal to be rated well. If you haven't gotten a hint yet, a place to avoid.
What a pity; good eatery dumbed-down to accommodate the Disney Dining Plan. Bistro
was pretty good, Paul's is a major letdown. Blame DDP !!! For the cash or 2-TS credits,
disappointing in quality and price.
NOTE2: We used to think the Seared Scallops were fine for a dinner entree. However, our
last trip to the eatery they were major disappointment. We sent them back and they
were replaced. The replacement WAS WORSE than the first try. We sent the replacement
back and switched to the Duck Breast which was acceptable.

1) Skip Le Cellier . . . no romance at all.
2) Pauls' is better, but still no real winner.

Our Ratings of Monsieur Paul: (*rev 2/03/2016*)
. . . food price value: D
. . . food quality: D
. . . food quantity per serving: C
. . . food prep speed: C
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: B
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: C
. . . staff attentiveness: C
. . . character interaction: n/a
Our Recommendations:
. . . appys:... Maine Lobster w/Mushrooms
. . . entree:.. Roasted Duck Breast
. . . dessert:. Puff Pastry with Lemon Cream
NOTE1: This is the revamped Bistro de Paris upstairs at Epcot-France. It was changed
to allow use of DDP credits instead of Out-Of-Pocket payment. They should have left it
alone. A MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT lurks for anyone expecting upscale dining and upscale
quality. The atmosphere is good, not great, the service and food were not up to Sig
levels. The chicken was rubbery, the soup was pasty, and the meat bland. The amuse
bouche was good, but that (by its very name) is one-bite, and one bite is not enough to
make the whole meal to be rated well. If you haven't gotten a hint yet, a place to avoid.
What a pity; good eatery dumbed-down to accommodate the Disney Dining Plan. Bistro
was pretty good, Paul's is a major letdown. Blame DDP !!! For the cash or 2-TS credits,
disappointing in quality and price.
NOTE2: We used to think the Seared Scallops were fine for a dinner entree. However, our
last trip to the eatery they were major disappointment. We sent them back and they
were replaced. The replacement WAS WORSE than the first try. We sent the replacement
back and switched to the Duck Breast which was acceptable.
Shows how truly subjective all of this is!!

Though I also recommended Monsieur Paul's for a romantic dinner, I disagree completely about the characterization of Le Cellier as a prison dungeon!!!

While it may not be everyone's cup of tea - which is obviously fine - Le Cellier is styled after classic traditional steakhouses like ones found in Quebec City, set in wine cellars. It's a wine CELLAR... so not a rooftop terrace or restaurant with a view... ;)

I hear what you are saying but I think you might want to go back and quote the person who says it is like a prison dungeon and address them. I only responded to their statement and didn't call LC a prison dungeon... If you go back you will see that I never called it a prison dungeon... just wanted to let you know. :)

Last edited:
MP is by far the more romantic of the two, but it's still inside a theme park. I'd suggest the California Grill, Citrico, or V&A's if they want romance. If they have a car, have them head off property to A Land Remembered at Rosen Shingle Creek, which is a true hidden gem. If they want a steak house, Del Friscos Double Eagle is a good bet. If they want to drive a little further, Luma on Park and Christner's are worth the drive.

I think Le Cellier is loud and crowded and rather chaotic, and personally think the food is so-so. I've eaten in actual wine cellars, and they were nothing like the Le Cellier experience.

First, I agree with the Le Cellier atmosphere. You could have more romance if you took a spin through Living with the Land. I also woudl nto choose any of the theme park restaurants for a romantic meal. If you want steak, walk over to the Yachtsman. It has a few quiet corners and the food is good. You could also go to Narcoossees or Citricos at the Grand. Again, good food and way more chance of having a little space between you and all of your new best buddies.

If they are steak lovers, Le Cellier, but MP's will be more romantic for date night.

If they are steak lovers and want some atmosphere then The Yachtsman over at the Yacht and Beach Club. Not as romantic as MPs I would say, but my wife and I far prefer The Yachtsman for steaks over Le Cellier. Quieter and less hectic too. It's a little bit of a walk but it may be worth the trip!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter