Le Cellier Mushroom Filet

maverick61

Earning My Ears
Ok, I have read a bunch of threads about Le Cellier with folks gushing over the Mushroom Filet.

Can someone describe the Mushroom filet in more detail for me? Any pics?

Is it simply filet mignon covered with mushrooms? or something else?

I typically would go for the NY strip but am curious about the filet

Thanks

Here is it in 2006. The filet was good, but I found out that I'm not a fan of risotto.

mushroomfilet-1.jpg

Here is a picture from last week:

MushroomFilet.jpg

I don't like risotto either and always get the cream cheese mashed potatos as a substitute.

Click on my March link, we just ate at LC a few nights ago and we each ordered the mushroom filet.

Thanks everyone - I will give it a try next week (minus the risotto - I will stick with the cream cheese mashed potatoes :) )

Three of us dined at Le Cellier last week and all of us had the mushroom filet. It was FABULOUS! :thumbsup2

There was a light sauce on the filet along with sauteed mushrooms. The sauce seemed to be the same as that used on the risotto which was very tasty. I would say that you have to be a fan of mushrooms to enjoy the dish. We all love mushrooms, so it worked out well. The waitress did say that if anyone didn't like mushroom, they would work around it and prepare the dish differently.

What does the risotto taste like and why do some people not like it?

It was like a buttery rice mixture with mushrooms and a cream sauce. I really enjoyed it.

I had the cream cheese mashed potatoes last year and don't really remember them.

What does the risotto taste like and why do some people not like it?

We had it last weekend and it was very rich and creamy but had a very heavy taste of mushrooms...last time we had it was Feb 07 and Dec 06 and I do not remember it being that shroomy...DH loved it! I will say you have to be a huge fan of the little funghi to enjoy it

Warning. It is delicious...as others have said you have to love mushrooms to enjoy it...the filet is very tender...the risotto is cooked perfectly but this meal is HEAVY and RICH. Do not let the small small size of this fool you! Have a bowl of cheddar cheese soup and this for dinner and you will be MORE than full. :)

Sorry, no pics here, but had the filet last week, as well and it was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!! By far, the best meal we had on our trip.

Warning. It is delicious...as others have said you have to love mushrooms to enjoy it...the filet is very tender...the risotto is cooked perfectly but this meal is HEAVY and RICH. Do not let the small small size of this fool you! Have a bowl of cheddar cheese soup and this for dinner and you will be MORE than full. :)

I agree that the filet has shrunk but to be honest the portion is quite big enough for me (and I'm not a light eater by any means) - the cheese soup as well would be too much for me - but I did manage a dessert as well l(but only just) last time as we were on DDP. Always choose this in Le Cellier - don't even need to look at the menu.

This steak is amazing, but when I got it I didnt know they pile it all up and next time I would ask if they please seperate it. They put the steak right on top of the potatoes, which now looks like they added something other than potatoes. I found the sauce to be a nice light touch, but If you do not want the sauce they will accomadate any request. The service is great. LeCellier is on the tops of my list of Disney restaurants! I love the preztle bread sticks and cheese soup I sure do hope they still have those. If you love NY strip steak I had the one at Coral Reef..I know went to coral reef planning on ordering seafood but didnt like the options so I got the NY strip and it was surprisingly fantastic! Yummy Yummy Mushroom Filet:tinker:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter