Le Cellier - dinner 8/14

sistertrip

DIS Veteran
YUMMY!

Have to say that Le Cellier is now on the top of my list of WDW restaurants. We ate there for the first time this week (courtesy of free dining). One thing I noticed was that Le Cellier has some of the most reasonable portion sizes, filling but not overly so.

Appetizers:
Cheddar Cheese Soup: so good that we got the recipe. Perfectly creamy!
Shrimp Cocktail: My sister was disappointed that it doesn't come in the Chinese food box, like it apparently used to. The shrimp itself (a good number of small shrimp, no tails or shell) was really good, but the wasabi slaw was a little too hot for any of our liking.
Beef Tenderloin: Cooked perfectly. Whatever the veggie mix was that came under it was surprisingly outstanding. Didn't look yummy, but tasted great.
Blue Cheese Salad: Delicious!

Dinner:
1 got Mushroom Filet: out of this world! Steak was tender and flavorful. Mushroom risotto was the perfect side.
3 got BBQ Filet: Again, a delicious steak. Can't really go wrong with mashed potatoes.

Dessert:
Sampler (chocolate whiskey cake, maple creme brulee, raspberry sorbet): Had the perfect amounts of each to share and they all went really well together. They were all fantastic - creme brulee was the favorite all around (got recipe for that as well). Presentation was very nice.

Highly recommend Le Cellier to anyone on the dining plan or who wants to shell out the bucks. (Our meal would have been close to $250 for 4 adults).

Thanks for the great review. It sounds great.

I can hardly wait until we get there in October.

Brenda

....we ate here on 8/13...it is absolutely MY FAVORITE..... :thumbsup2

Woo-hoo! Even MORE excited now about eating here for the first time on October 12 (even though ADR is not til 8:30. Blech!)! Thanks for sharing your review! :)

Yummy! Le Cellier is very well liked by us, and we will be returning in December ready for some good eats!

We also ate at LeCellier on 8/14 (first night of our stay) and it was our favorite meal of the trip. I had the Vine Ripened Tomato stack (yummy) and the Mushroom Filet Mignon. The Filet was cooked exactly as I asked for it. The risotto was delicious. DH had the Prince Edward Island Mussels (our favorite appetizer) and the Mushroom Filet Mignon. His steak was medium rare, perfectly cooked as he requested. DD had the Grilled Beef Tenderloin Kabob (very tasty) and the 7 oz. Filet Mignon. She asked for her steak to be cooked medium rare and again it was perfectly cooked. DS had the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup and the Sauteed Jumbo Shrimp and enjoyed both.

We will definitely return to LeCellier in Jan and Aug 07.

We ate there on 8/19 for our first park dinner and it was by far the best meal of the trip! The steaks and desserts were really good and my DD talked about the pretzel bread for the rest of the trip. Every night she asked if we could go back there. Little did she know that I had to reserve months in advance to get our 4:20pm ADR. We had a great waitress from Quebec too. We love to visit Quebec and it was great to hear her french accent. Enjoy!

a proud regular of this place love the steak and the breadsticks and those mashed potatoes to die for will be my 3rd trip visitin this wonderful place and goin twice on my 8 night stay with free dining :cool1:

We ate there 8/17, and the only meal that even came close to this was at Les Chefs. We LOVED it! I loved the pretzel bread (anybody have the recipe? YUMMY). We both had the cheese soup, I had the mushroom filet and Dh had the Prime rib. I had the strawberry and balsamic ice cream, DH had the creme brulee which were both excellent. I wish there was a similar restaurant here, it was SO GOOD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter