LAX vs SNA

Save the hassle and fly into SNA and use the Disneyland Express. Especially since you have carseat aged kids and you don't seem to be planning to rent a car. Uber/Lyft and carseats do not mix well when you are talking about airport pickups.

LAX takes forever and a DAY to even GET your Uber. No lie, it took us 45 minutes recently VERY late at night just for our Uber driver to get to us at Terminal 6. The traffic going around the terminal is horrific.

LAX is huge BUT it's not overwhelming because it is split up into like 7 terminals and you only have to navigate the one terminal you are flying into and out of, but the general size makes getting in and out a huge time suck. Plus, the baggage claim is notorious for being slow and the TSA lines can get very very long at all the terminals.

SNA is just a better run airport all around. Security is a 5 min process about 95% of the time. It is a matter of just a few steps to get anywhere you need to be. There are three terminals, all connected,but each one is very small and due to the smaller overall size of the airport, baggage claim is quick and planes typically take off on time. In addition, getting to Disneyland is quick and easy from SNA.

I love flying in and out of SNA - so easy! But occasionally we do LAX. Agreed with pp on using uber from LAX.

Also, as mentioned, getting back to LAX can be a beast. We had to do a rental car return and it took us over an hour from the time we dropped the car and then took the shuttle to the terminal - we crawled along the terminal, and of course we were the last ones to be dropped off.

Small world, I'm from Moses Lake! I'll have to keep an eye out for amazing deals out of Yakima.. How did you manage that? O.O

Hi neighbor! Alaska has been advertising fares to/from Lax and Yakima for a while now. Think it depends on the days you're flying. Just saw the ad on a billboard yesterday, so its at least somewhat still available. Have you looked into the prices flying out of Spokane too?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter