LAX to HoJo?

ashleyasiegel

Mouseketeer
We arrive at LAX this Friday at 8 am and need to book transportation to HoJo. We have 2 kiddos ages 8 and 5. My husband want to just do the Disneyland express bus because it's the cheapest and won't have to haul car seats. I just keep reading horrid reviews with long waits at the airport. Are the reviews accurate?

What other options do you recommend?

Thanks!!!
Ashley

I would use SuperShuttle business express...dedicated vehicle, no stops, up to 4 people for $72.00...tip not included, one way.

We took the bus last year and had no problems with it. It didn't leave on time but I don't feel like we waited forever. It was really nice to not have to deal with a car seat. We're planning to take it again this year.

I was about to answer your question ( are reviews accurate?, I was going to say YES ) and started to do a little research first.....
It appears there are companies trying to confuse travelers, the transportation I've taken is the Disneyland Resort Express formerly operated by Grayline, NOW operated by CoachUSA, and their schedule appears to me to be much less frequent ( Hourly! - ouch. ) https://dre.coachusa.com/ShuttleReservations/pdf/Schedule 1-2017.pdf
This is the one Disney references on their website ( although the link isn't working at the moment )
and then there's another - The Disneyland Express Shuttle, this one seems a little less professional/reliable - I don't know.
If it was me - I think I'd look into the SuperShuttle recommended.

We used DK Livery. Great experience. The driver was professional, made a stop at a store, and very reasonable cost. I think it was $200 round trip in 2015 in a Suburban for 6 of us (including booster seats for my then 4 and 6 year olds), LAX to HOJO and then back to LAX at the end of the trip. I highly recommend them. My then 6 yr old even ended up getting sick in the car heading back to LAX and the driver was so professional about the whole incident. I would use them again in a heart beat.

I haven't done it yet, but I saw a recommendation on this board for Lansky car service, which says they can provide child seats on request (they will provide them but you must install them for liability reasons).
However, unless your 5 year old is very small for their age or can't be trusted not to wriggle out of a normal shoulder belt, a low booster should be appropriate for both kids - including travel-friendly options like the inflatable BubbleBum and the foldable MiFold.

We used Disneyland Express the last time we went to DLR and were very impressed. We have used various shuttles and car services in the past and did not like any of them. Most of them drove like mad men or were downright creepy. We will use the Express from now on.

We used Karmel Shuttle from LAX to HoJo and it was the easiest part of our trip. They were very quick to pick us up at the airport with only one other stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter