• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Law & Order Revival

Haven't watch it yet. Will tonight,
I do not like that actor that was on Burn Notice. He was in another TV show we watched and I just don't like him.
I do like Anthony Anderson and Sam Waterston

I watched it but hated the subject matter. Too bad I was not on that jury.

I assume the Burn Notice actor was the other detective? I also missed the old lieutenant.

Thought it was interesting to Cary Lowell.

It was fine and I will watch again.

I didn't watch it because I know what would happen

Boing Boing

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Boing Boing..
Uh er um huh. What Did I miss? I don't know I was asleep too.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Boing Boing.
Ok time to turn the station or go to bed, one or the other.

Time for all the law and orders to go bye bye. Enough is enough.

Haven't watch it yet. Will tonight,
I do not like that actor that was on Burn Notice. He was in another TV show we watched and I just don't like him.
I do like Anthony Anderson and Sam Waterston

I loved Jeffrey Donovan and his character in Burn Notice but in that movie "Let Him Go" with Kevin Costner trying to get his grandson back that guy was horrible!!!

I watched. I like that they updated and added some current events like how people are able to now record people on their phones and how that may make a difference in the show now.

But, that Burn Notice guy was beyond annoying. One of the things about L&O was that that the personalities of the police officers stayed out of the stories. Except for SVU, where because of Olivia, (and previously Stabler,) it has a lot of heart & emotion. Maybe they figure what made SVU stay on so long was the officers having personalities. But, WHY bring a character in that annoys the heck out of everyone? :confused3

Bringing Carey Lowell in to do an episode was beyond stupid. She was already a well established character on the show. Did they run out of actresses who are willing to do L&O or ones that haven't already been on?

That Burn Notice dude’s character is a real douchebag.
I think he's meant to be a character we're all supposed to get worked up about. And if that's the case, then Mission Accomplished. I think they want to turn him into their Danny Reagan (or Elliott Stabler), but without the annoying bit about him always needing to be right.

I hope Bernard continues to show him up.

Two of the six main characters at the 2010 cancellation returned. Three have current roles in other shows.
Ironically, all "Executive Producer Dick Wolf" shows. I do hope that Jesse Martin was able to get out of Vancouver to shoot an episode or two.

Bringing Carey Lowell in to do an episode was beyond stupid. She was already a well established character on the show. Did they run out of actresses who are willing to do L&O or ones that haven't already been on?
Assuming that she wasn't looking to do many guest appearances, a one off as her old ADA character made sense, I suppose.

Overall I thought the episode was fine. Don't think the material covered allowed them to make this a great episode. AV Club got overly worked up about it (shocker, I know), so that was good for a laugh.

And I have to say that Hugh Dancy's American accent seemed pretty good. If I didn't know he was a Brit (and his last name wasn't one of the most British-sounding names I've seen) I'd probably assume he was American.

d0jm7j0y3ji51.jpg

I’m pretty sure Carey Lowell appeared as a DEFENSE attorney a few years after she left the show the first time. So we’re suppose to assume Sam Waterson hired her back after she opposed and embarrassed him during a trial?

IIRC, she did something unethical during that trial. Just like she supposedly did a few years ago that caused the murder victim from the other night to be freed. Plus she had to plead the 5th to avoid ANOTHER problem.

Tsk, tsk. Shady character.

We actually liked it.
I will continue to watch. Still don't like the Burn Notice guy.

I have watched all episodes of all the Law and Orders series.....even the short lived ones.

I’ve always loved SVU. Loved Criminal Intent. Having a hard time caring about Stabler’s new show. Watched last year but have all of this year still piled up on my DVR. This one is also on my DVR and will watch soon.

Guess that means cable has trouble filling up all of the available stations/timeslots so they have to revive old shows. Never found those creepy/gruesome crime shows appealing as entertainment. If they bring back an old show haven't the main characters aged to no longer fit the parts or do they just replace them with new actors?

Guess that means cable has trouble filling up all of the available stations/timeslots so they have to revive old shows. Never found those creepy/gruesome crime shows appealing as entertainment. If they bring back an old show haven't the main characters aged to no longer fit the parts or do they just replace them with new actors?
The original show (and SVU) have had a lot of turnover over the years. Mariska Hagritay is the only original cast member left on either. Chris Meloni is back, in a spinoff, but he was gone for a number of years.

I’ve always loved SVU. Loved Criminal Intent. Having a hard time caring about Stabler’s new show. Watched last year but have all of this year still piled up on my DVR. This one is also on my DVR and will watch soon.
I've been watching that one. It sure has its ups and downs. Started well. I didn't watch the other criminal intent. I haven't liked the VERY drawn out last episodes. hope they resolve this very soon.

I started the reboot, and just haven't had time to finish. Probably watched the original and SVU about 10 years or so, each, not familiar with any of the more recent characters

Like the Burn Notice Guy (who I will now just call BNG), Stabler is inherently unlikeable. He's a good person, deep down, but he often crosses boundaries and gets away with it. And they've had him going further down this path ever since they fridged his wife. I'm hoping there's an endgame to that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter