Laundry Question-DVC member paying cash for Beach Club Villa

jbethel77

Mouseketeer
DVC members, but We are out of points for our next trip, so we’re staying in a Beach Club Studio paying cash through Disney.
What laundry facilities do we need to use? Will the free DVC ones work bc we are members staying in a studio? Or will we need to use the main laundry facility that’s for the Beach Club Resort?
We don’t mind to pay & not expecting the free laundry since we’re not staying on our points... but I just want to go to the correct place.

Thanks!

Since I posted this question back in September, our plans have changed a bit due to a better discount at AKL.
Instead of a Beach Club villa, we are now booked in a regular (2 queen bed, non DVC) room at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Jambo.
Can we still use the DVC laundry since we’re members? Again, we are fine to pay for the machines.. I just want to be sure what the rules are.
Thanks!

Since I posted this question back in September, our plans have changed a bit due to a better discount at AKL.
Instead of a Beach Club villa, we are now booked in a regular (2 queen bed, non DVC) room at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Jambo.
Can we still use the DVC laundry since we’re members? Again, we are fine to pay for the machines.. I just want to be sure what the rules are.
Thanks!

The free laundry goes with stays in villas, so if you are in a regular Disney room you won’t qualify. I don’t believe your Magic Band will be programmed to unlock the doors,

Thanks!
The DVC laundry rooms are for DVC stays only (it doesn't matter if one is a member, a renter in a DVC unit gets the same privilege)

I know this isn't part of the question, but God I love DVC laundry's. I actually look forward to doing my washing, the machines are great.

Ok, just had to say that..oh and they always smell nice.

I was at BWV earlier this month and was surprised that there is not a lock on the laundry room on the villa side.

Ok, just had to say that..oh and they always smell nice.

That’s in the nose of the beholder. To me they stink because of the chemical soup people use to wash clothes and, almost worse, put in the dryers to make clothing smell of something other than simply clean fabric.

That’s in the nose of the beholder. To me they stink because of the chemical soup people use to wash clothes and, almost worse, put in the dryers to make clothing smell of something other than simply clean fabric.

Maybe I'm just lucky to got to BLT laundry after they clean....11 am seems to be the good time to go . I do also enjoy pop century food court smell as well, so maybe its just me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter