Laundry on the Dream

kcbonnies

Earning My Ears
i think I read somewhere that the laundry on the Dream uses your key to the world card and not quarters. Can someone confirm this for me? Thanks!

i think I read somewhere that the laundry on the Dream uses your key to the world card and not quarters. Can someone confirm this for me? Thanks!
While, in the past, the self serve laundry took cash (not just on DCL, but other cruise lines as well), DCL washers/dryers now operate with the KTTW card on all ships.

Princess still uses tokens you have to get from a machine for their washers/dryers.

And they are tiny!!!

They are tiny.

We made the mistake our first cruise of bringing laundry pods. One pod, one load. Lets just say there were a LOT of suds. It took 4 or 5 full wash cycles until there were no more suds. A costly (time and $) lesson.

We now bring a small travel Nalgene bottle filled with our favourite liquid HE detergent and a small measuring spoon. 1 teaspoon (maybe 2) is all you need [actually, unless clothes are smelly or visibly dirty they get remarkably clean with just water, in a pinch, at least in a front load HE machine...].

SW

They are tiny.

We made the mistake our first cruise of bringing laundry pods. One pod, one load. Lets just say there were a LOT of suds. It took 4 or 5 full wash cycles until there were no more suds. A costly (time and $) lesson.

We now bring a small travel Nalgene bottle filled with our favourite liquid HE detergent and a small measuring spoon. 1 teaspoon (maybe 2) is all you need [actually, unless clothes are smelly or visibly dirty they get remarkably clean with just water, in a pinch, at least in a front load HE machine...].

SW
I've heard that about the pods, but they've worked just fine for me. I never had a sudsy problem at all.

I used that one as an example since I couldn’t recall the brand. They may have been wash-eze.

:santa:
What level is the laundry on please
There are laundry spots all over the ship, as the link indicates, but in my experience they get wildly different levels of use, seemingly at random. You'll go into one that has every machine in use, then go down two floors and find one that's completely empty. You just have to find the one that works for you both in location (I'd rather go up/down more stairs and not walk the full length of the ship) and availability.

I usually do laundry while traveling - doesn't bother me. On the Dream, the washers/dryers were small but not too bad and the pricing was fair (the last cruise I went on had free laundry - that was fabulous!). My only issue was that they were at the opposite end of the ship from my cabin!

I usually do laundry while traveling - doesn't bother me. On the Dream, the washers/dryers were small but not too bad and the pricing was fair (the last cruise I went on had free laundry - that was fabulous!). My only issue was that they were at the opposite end of the ship from my cabin!
As there are laundry rooms on all stateroom decks, you could go up (or down) a deck and find one closer. That's what we did on the Fantasy.

On our first cruise we were on deck five and were going to go to deck 6 to the laundry room. Our room steward saw me leaving the room and asked if i was going to do laundry and which laundry room. He redirected me to the 2nd floor laundry, which was actually closer because it meant walk t o the elevator, go downa nd it is right there instead of go to elevator, go up then walk all the way forward again.

So take a look on a deck plan and figure out where the laundry rooms are. The "closest" may not be the most obvious.

SW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter