Laundry facilities at BCV

stargazertechie

Toy Story Midway Maniac
Wondering what the situation is with laundry at BCV. We are staying in a studio and google searches are not telling me great things.

So what is the situation? Is it going to be a madhouse trying to do our wash?

Wondering what the situation is with laundry at BCV. We are staying in a studio and google searches are not telling me great things.

So what is the situation? Is it going to be a madhouse trying to do our wash?

There is one small laundry room on the fourth floor. You need your KTTW to enter the room. It has maybe three washers and four dryers.

Not a madhouse when I used it. One other person was doing laundry but I still got a washer and dryer when I wanted.

I was told by a cast member they keep them quiet to prevent Beach Club guests from using them.

This is another reason I hardly ever stay in a studio, especially if I am there for awhile and want to do laundry. I LOVE having laundry in the 1-2 bedrooms so I don't have to do it when I get home, what a spoiled brat I have become. LOL

There are two washers and two dryers. When my DH and I went to wash laundry we didn't have a problem except that someone left their clothes in the dryer long after they were finished so I carried them over to the counter...and even folded them so they wouldn't get wrinkled LOL. After we were done in a couple of hours, I saw that they still had not picked up their laundry. Another day, my DS and his GF tried to do laundry and a woman was standing guard at the two washers saying that the machine for detergent wasn't working and another person was out looking for someone to fix it. She wouldn't let my son use the washer even though he had detergent and neither washer was in use:confused3 They came back at midnight when nobody was around.

I'm staying at BWV in a studio, are there laundry facilities there or would I be able the ones at BCV? And it sounds like they're open 24/7, is that correct?

The laundry is on the first floor. If I remember well, there are 3 washing machines and 2 dryers.

I'm staying at BWV in a studio, are there laundry facilities there or would I be able the ones at BCV? And it sounds like they're open 24/7, is that correct?

BWV laundry room is on the first (ground) floor.
take the elevator to 1, go to right, around the corner, and the room is on your left - literally, a few seconds from the elevators.
there are 3 washers and 2 dryers, detergent machine, TV, one rolling hamper with hanging rod, table for folding, and a few chairs.
the machines are free, but the detergent is not. bring your own detergent, or you can purchase a small box from the machine ($1?). we also bring fabric softener sheets.
we found the machines are more likely to all be in use from about 8-9AM until about 8PM.
getting to the laundry room about 9AM recently, we noticed one woman had all the washers & dryers going with only a few items in each. a while after each ended, she would come back and replace with a new load of clothes, so no one else could use the machines for most of the morning and afternoon (we kept stopping in to see if any were open). she became very agitated (yelling - pretty nasty) when she "caught" another guest removing her clothes from a completed wash cycle :sad2:.

in may, there was a couple that shared that their son was in the college program, and they were washing all his bedding there (sheets, comforter, etc)....

most people are considerate (& friendly - we've had some nice talks in that room), but if you prefer less stress, try to use the laundry room before 8AM or after 8-9PM :)

Every DVC has its own laundry room and the BCV one is for registered (BCV) DVC guests only as you need your room key to get in. The BCV facility is used by all of the studio guests who need it so it can be a long process to get your laundry done.

Thanks for all the info, guys! It's my first time to Disney World and this is all very helpful! :thumbsup2

We actually prefer the regular BC laundry room. Its right by the quiet pool. Id rather pay to use the washrs there. I can see the kids and my laundry all at the same time :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter