Laundry at WDW

OS_Dad

Earning My Ears
Hi folks, we have a 10 night stay booked at pop century next month and I hate doing laundry on vacation wasting 1/2 day we could be doing something awesome.

Has anyone used a laundry service while at wdw? If so who, and how was the experience?

Thanks in advance

You won't wait a 1/2 day. There are mulitple washer and dryers in the laundry room. Some have the commercial size washers. I do 2-3 loads at one time. The laundry rooms are by the pool. In less than 1 hr 30 minutes all of the laundry is done. So I couple it with being at the pool.

There is even a web site that shows which washers and dryers are available and how much time is left on the ones in use so you do have to leave the pool area until the machine is done. For example it shows one of the laundry rooms has 8 washers and 11 dryers. and that is just one of the 3 laundry rooms at the Pop

http://classic.laundryview.com/disneyworld/

I always make sure to do laundry on our last day as well. Who wants to go home with a suitcase full of dirty laundry that you have to wash one load at a time when I Disney I can wash 2-3 loads in the time it would take me to do one load at home. I figure if I have to pack the suitcase to go home the clothes might as well be clean. then they get put away when we get home and I don't have a mound of laundry to do.

Last edited:
That is so cool.
We’ve never stayed at pop before.
Which laundry room is closest to the preferred rooms?

I had no idea! Thanks for that site. This is kind of a game changer for how much I am packing! How much do the washers and dryers charge?

I had no idea! Thanks for that site. This is kind of a game changer for how much I am packing! How much do the washers and dryers charge?
$2 a load for the washer, $2 a load for the dryer. They also have a vending machine with soap powder, and softeners for $1 each.

I just throw in some Tide pods and dryer sheets and you should be good to go.
Not sure which ones are close to the preferred rooms.
One other tip is to pack a large reusable bag. This way you will have something to carry your clothes to and from the laundry room. Its also a great place to toss dirty clothes into in the room.

That is so cool.
We’ve never stayed at pop before.
Which laundry room is closest to the preferred rooms?

Last time we were at Pop, we were in room 1311, which was preferred. We didn’t do laundry but looking at the map, our room was probably pretty equidistant to the laundry facilities at Hippy Dippy and Bowling Pin. It will depend on where exactly your preferred room is located.

If you have a lot of dry fit, or moisture wicking attire, use the lowest setting and check very frequently. Or consider just hanging it to dry. On each trip, the last three years, I've managed to ruin clothing in the WDW dryers. They just run way too hot, even on the lowest setting.

It is very easy to do laundry at WDW resorts. Utilize the laundry view link above. I use a roller suitcase to haul dirty, then clean clothes back and forth (I leave the bag in laundry room-have never had an issue). No MB paying in laundry rooms so be sure you have CC. I bring sample/travel size laundry soap and softener sheets with me. It ends up being a nice relaxing pool time for us. I'd rather spend $8 for a couple loads of laundry than deal with tons when we get home!
You can adjust timing of dryer as well FYI-they do run extraordinarily hot!

On the same topic-- how safe is it to leave my laundry unattended while it's running? I don't want to sit there the whole time on my vacation, but it would also be a pain to have no clothes either lol... Just curious if anyone has experience with this.

On the same topic-- how safe is it to leave my laundry unattended while it's running? I don't want to sit there the whole time on my vacation, but it would also be a pain to have no clothes either lol... Just curious if anyone has experience with this.
I have taken 56 trips to Disney and have done laundry about 75% of the time and there is never any issue with leaving laundry unattended.

I have taken 56 trips to Disney and have done laundry about 75% of the time and there is never any issue with leaving laundry unattended.

That's great news. Thanks! I definitely plan on doing laundry about halfway through our trip. August in FL=sweaty.

I also do laundry on our last day. We spend the evening by the pool and hot tub as a way to unwind so why not do laundry. I figure if i have to pack us up I might as well pack clean clothes. Not to mention I can do 3 loads of laundry in less than 2 hrs. were as at home I would have to do the loads one at time which would take longer. Plus who wants to arrive home knowing you have a mount of dirty clothes to wash. This way they come out of the suitcase clean and go right to the closet. One of the perks with being a DVC member is getting to do laundry for free!

Their are washers and dryers at the hotels. I have always done my own laundry. They work well

That's great news. Thanks! I definitely plan on doing laundry about halfway through our trip. August in FL=sweaty.
Just be back at the washer and dryer when your load is finished. Otherwise, another guest might remove your stuff if it is just sitting in the equipment unattended. You can use the app to check the status of the washer and dryers

there was only 1 or 2 machines that were coin operated last summer so be prepared. You can also link your phone to your machine and it will tell you when it is done.

I always do laundry! Usually one day when I get up early, I go throw in 2 or 3 loads at a time. Literally start to finish is less than 2 hours. I used that time to go to the food court, get the kids breakfast, get them going, then before I know it it's all done.

I agree about the dryers! I check every 10 minutes, and use the lowest setting. I also don't dry much completely other than things like socks and a few tees of the kids.

I bring along a stack of those thin wire hangers from the dry cleaners. That way I have a ton of them for hanging things to finish drying in the room. They take up little space in my luggage. Also I bring Tide pods and dryer sheets. And a folding hamper (usually from the dollar store).

I typically do laundry every 3 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter