Latex allergy - moleskin?

cdntowdw

Mouseketeer
Anyone out there with a latex allergy? When I use an elastoplast type bandaid, I always break out in an itchy red rash. Is the adhesive on moleskin likely to cause a reation as well. I was wondering if anyone with this problem has ever used it with success. Does it come in hypoallergenic?

Band-aids definitely have latex in them - I bet that moleskin does also! Sorry, I don't have any ideas for a latex-free substitute. I'll check tomorrow at work.

Sounds disgusting!

Just remember, if you are giving blood or have a small break in the skin, a bandaid should not be on your skin for more than 15 minutes.

Try a cotton ball and med tape! Works best for allegeries.......

Moleskin does contain latex. I'm not sure if it is just in the adhesive or is in the material too.
Here's a link to a site about latex allergies. It lists items with latex and alternatives you can use. The listed alternative for moleskin is Tegaderm. That's a skin protecting dressing which you should be able to find in a pharmacy. The package for Tegaderm might say it contains latex. According to our hospital's Materials Management people (and the second link I posted here), the latex is in the adhesive that holds the PACKAGE together, the Tegaderm itself doesn't have any latex.
Here's another site that lists alternatives.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter