Latest Rule on Holding as of Fri, July 10th?

jerseygal

DIS Veteran
Is there still a waiver of holding if a reservation is cancelled within the 31 days? I would think cancellations made day of check in are still forfeited points?
I have not been able to reach MS by phone or by chat.
I called Vero directly, the front desk CM spoke to her team leader and the leader thought that there was still a waiver but said that things are constantly changing, to check with MS.
I appreciate in advance if anyone knows the answer!
Thanks!

As an update,after a 60 minute hold time, expected worse honestly with park opening by tomorrow, as of today MS is waiving holding, if you cancel day of reservation, you forfeit points like Pre Covid but as long as you call MS or cancel on line by 9pm day before check in, Points will be returned with no hold penalty. Good news! :)

I can also confirm they are waiving holding. Just canceled my August vacation at 28 days out on the website and there was a message that said there would be no holding penalty and points would go back to use year. I’m currently at the Passholder preview and I’m glad I came to decide whether or not I wanted to bring my family in August.

Does anyone know if points are in holding status, if they can be transferred to RCI as long as it's before the "45 days before expiration" deadline?

I can also confirm they are waiving holding. Just canceled my August vacation at 28 days out on the website and there was a message that said there would be no holding penalty and points would go back to use year. I’m currently at the Passholder preview and I’m glad I came to decide whether or not I wanted to bring my family in August.

So, you went to the preview earlier this week as a reconnaissance mission, and you decided that you are not going to bring your family next month? What led to that decision?

I'm in Washington State, so I'm looking at two flights with a layover each way, and the case count in Florida today set records. It can be a resort-only trip, but I'm getting more hesitant by the day and more likely to cancel every day.

So, you went to the preview earlier this week as a reconnaissance mission, and you decided that you are not going to bring your family next month? What led to that decision?

I'm in Washington State, so I'm looking at two flights with a layover each way, and the case count in Florida today set records. It can be a resort-only trip, but I'm getting more hesitant by the day and more likely to cancel every day.
Hi! That is correct. I went with only my husband to see how everything works with the new safety procedures before bringing my young kids. We had an okay time but wearing the masks all day in the heat and humidity was simply unbearable. No way I’m subjecting my kids to that. I work in healthcare and I’m used to wearing masks, but wearing it outdoors for an entire day is another story. Good luck with your decision. Knowing points would not go into holding made the decision to cancel easier

Hi! That is correct. I went with only my husband to see how everything works with the new safety procedures before bringing my young kids. We had an okay time but wearing the masks all day in the heat and humidity was simply unbearable. No way I’m subjecting my kids to that. I work in healthcare and I’m used to wearing masks, but wearing it outdoors for an entire day is another story. Good luck with your decision. Knowing points would not go into holding made the decision to cancel easier

That was a smart move, our family was discussing that I can barely take the July and August heat and humidity with no mask when we visited in the past before I can feel my BP going down . I'm also in healthcare and use to masks, but we all agreed that it would be unbearable for everybody. We borrowed some points and booked a December week after cancelling September, but now we are rethinking it, as we would most likely have to wait 14 days before visiting family and won't be able to spend Christmas with them. So hopefully our borrowed points will go back to their year.

That was a smart move, our family was discussing that I can barely take the July and August heat and humidity with no mask when we visited in the past before I can feel my BP going down . I'm also in healthcare and use to masks, but we all agreed that it would be unbearable for everybody. We borrowed some points and booked a December week after cancelling September, but now we are rethinking it, as we would most likely have to wait 14 days before visiting family and won't be able to spend Christmas with them. So hopefully our borrowed points will go back to their year.
I certainly hope they continue to return borrowed points so that you have that flexibility to cancel if things don’t brighten up between now and December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter