Late to the party, as usual...

Supposedly Taylor asked her fans to register to vote and 35,000 fans immediately responded. That's a lot of political power and some conspiracy theorists are afraid she'll endorse "the wrong" candidate. They think the NFL has rigged the game so the Chiefs will win and make Taylor even more popular. Like the Niners are just going to throw away the game? Not likely.

Yeah, and how would that make Taylor more popular? Could she possibly even be more popular?

I don't really get why mind you, but that doesn't change the fact.

Supposedly Taylor asked her fans to register to vote and 35,000 fans immediately responded. That's a lot of political power and some conspiracy theorists are afraid she'll endorse "the wrong" candidate. They think the NFL has rigged the game so the Chiefs will win and make Taylor even more popular. Like the Niners are just going to throw away the game? Not likely.
That's a lot of aluminum foil. ::yes::
Seriously, it's pretty sad some folks are that bothered by two people who love each other.

You must have forgotten the winking smilie because that is ridiculous.

I don't much care about Taylor or Travis but I hope they make it as there are a whole lot of folks invested in their romance. We do not need another bad boyfriend song.
Rumor is she already has the title and first line readied.

The Big Chief
By Tay Tay Swift

My Heart was so full at the big Bowl

And then the Chief he crushed my Soul

A couple of years ago she told her fans to make sure they vote and the voter registration response was huge.

There is a lot of hate for Taylor right now on certain 'news' sites. Afraid of her power of persuasion.

In 2018 she endorsed Phil Bredesen in Tennessee but he didn't win. I suppose she has more power and followers now but Idk how much persuasion these celebrities really have.

In 2018 she endorsed Phil Bredesen in Tennessee but he didn't win. I suppose she has more power and followers now but Idk how much persuasion these celebrities really have.

I think it's less likely that she can influence who someone will vote for, but I think she can very much influence getting people to vote period or get registered or whatever, especially young people. That said, her fans may have a propensity to vote a certain way, but also maybe not.

Dang that’s a whole lotta conspiracies!

*In 2018, she (Taylor Swift) backed Democrat Phil Bredesen against Republican Marsha Blackburn in a Tennessee Senate race, and she endorsed Biden for president about a month before the 2020 election.*
Did you get the above from the NYT OP?

*In 2018, she (Taylor Swift) backed Democrat Phil Bredesen against Republican Marsha Blackburn in a Tennessee Senate race, and she endorsed Biden for president about a month before the 2020 election.*
Yes, I had read that a few days back. One miss, one success.

Taylor Swift has been steadily making her way to the most popular musician in the world, and this year she cemented herself as the true number one with one of the biggest tours ever. Combine that with rereleasing her old albums because her old record company wouldn't sell her the original masters, releasing the concert as a movie, and just dominating social media and tabloids with rumors about who she was dating after breaking up with long time BF Joe Alwyn.

This fall, she began dating Travis Kelce, an NFL player who was already one of the most famous names in the league. She goes to most of his games, and shots of her reacting to things will make their way into the broadcast. And because their fanbases didn't have as much overlap as traditional celebrity relationships, now she is basically in all areas of pop culture.

And finally, she recently made political news with rumors that she was going to endorse Joe Biden for this fall's election. It seems some politicians are actually concerned about this, because a Taylor-led voter registration campaign could actually make a noticeable difference in the results. But everything I've seen so far has been overreactions from B-list political commentators, so not much to really read into yet.

There are some conspiracy theories that the NFL has encouraged this relationship to get more attention, or that she's only endorsing Biden because she's in with the deep state, but these are, as of now, completely unfounded.

Could someone please explain all the hoopla about Taylor Swift, her boyfriend, and whatever the hoodly-heck has the media all stirred up? She's a successful singer, her boyfriend is a successful football player, end of story, I'd think!
The media just follows what people are interested in. They are just reacting to what a big chunk of people are interested in not leading it. It just seems to be human nature for people to be interested in celebrities.
And these days EVERYTHING we do is tracked. People are clicking on Taylor Swift stories on the web and your internet provider and Google are tracking all that. And probably have flagged this thread.

So a pop singer with a lot of fans encourages them to register and vote. Hard to see how anyone considers that a bad thing, but so it goes. Apparently the ones who think that is somehow a bad thing must believe they won't be voting for their candidate...............LOL.

The whole thing sells to whatever audience it’s being pitched too as other posters have said - everybody wins. The NFL grabs more viewers, Taylor continues to build her legend, talk is the fuel of social media - this is ready made content, and the conspiracy crowd has more content for its viewers and listeners.

All powered by us and whatever of these cohorts one belongs too. There is nothing new to see here, it is media doing its thing in response to what they think we will buy - and clearly there are a lot of buyers :)

Dang that’s a whole lotta conspiracies!
One of my coworkers genuinely believes that the only reason Taylor is dating Travis is because she plans on destroying the Chiefs from the inside as revenge for the Chiefs beating the Eagles in the Superbowl last year. Taylor is from Pennsylvania and was a fan of the Eagles so that's enough evidence of her dastardly plan, apparently.

So a pop singer with a lot of fans encourages them to register and vote. Hard to see how anyone considers that a bad thing, but so it goes. Apparently the ones who think that is somehow a bad thing must believe they won't be voting for their candidate...............LOL.

I agree!

I recall "Rock the Vote" when I was a teen. I think it was on MTV or the like. This isn't new, social media just makes it SOOO much bigger!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter