Late Sunday morning arrival park plan...

emsstacey

Mouseketeer
We are arriving on a Sunday in May around 9:30 am. I figure we can be at a park by 11, conservatively, but I'm not sure which park to head to first. DHS and Galaxy's Edge is a main focus of our trip but I'm sure waits will be crazy by the time we get there- maybe just explore?

Thank you!

We are arriving on a Sunday in May around 9:30 am. I figure we can be at a park by 11, conservatively, but I'm not sure which park to head to first. DHS and Galaxy's Edge is a main focus of our trip but I'm sure waits will be crazy by the time we get there- maybe just explore?

Thank you!
We are arriving later than that on a Sunday in April and I am planning to buy G+ for HS and stack my LL rides for after 3 PM. I was very successful with this on a previous trip. Started with Slinky at 7 AM, may have had to modify it to a bit later, but was able to get everything I wanted for late afternoon/evening at DHS.

We are arriving later than that on a Sunday in April and I am planning to buy G+ for HS and stack my LL rides for after 3 PM. I was very successful with this on a previous trip. Started with Slinky at 7 AM, may have had to modify it to a bit later, but was able to get everything I wanted for late afternoon/evening at DHS.
That is good to hear! I may try that... I am expecting the teens in our group to want to spend more than one day at HS.

Thank you!
We always go to Epcot on arrival day. For us EpcoT is a laid back vibe which we enjoy after an early morning flight.

On most of my five trips, on our arrival day, we went to Epcot that afternoon/evening, and I enjoyed doing Epcot on arrival day, especially if you can do a full day at Epcot later on in the trip. Another possible option for arrival day would be Disney Springs. Magic Kingdom may be okay for arrival day provided you could stay in Magic Kingdom until like 11pm-12am that night, and get another full day at Magic Kingdom later on in the trip. I would avoid Hollywood Studios/Animal Kingdom since Animal Kingdom closes earlier most of the time, and Hollywood Studios would be busy on the main attractions if you don't rope drop. Even if you can't do certain attractions at Magic Kingdom (say Tron/Seven Dwarfs Mine Train), you still could manage to either Genie+ or Walk On several other rides and probably get a few attractions done that day, and even Epcot you could enjoy the World Showcase countries and possibly do a few rides such as Soarin/Mission Space/Spaceship Earth/Living Seas or whatever thats called now on arrival day too.
Doing Epcot on arrival day the first time I went to Disney is the reason that the first big Disney Park thing I saw was Spaceship Earth, rather than say Cinderellas Castle at Magic Kingdom.
This also assumes a flight arrival around 10am-1pm or so. If your flight arrives at 4pm or later, probably would be best to just do Disney Springs or walk around resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter