Late ROR boarding groups available...were you in Hollywood Studios?

marshallandcartersmo

DIS Veteran
Read on Twitter there were people getting ROR boarding groups till late in the afternoon today
Does anyone know if they still had to be physically in Hollywood Studios to try for one?
We planned to hop to HS (after 2), but if we could try for ROR from another park before & then hop over that would be great!

Read on Twitter there were people getting ROR boarding groups till late in the afternoon today
Does anyone know if they still had to be physically in Hollywood Studios to try for one?
We planned to hop to HS (after 2), but if we could try for ROR from another park before & then hop over that would be great!
You never have to be physically in the park to try. But you have to have a park reservation at HS.

You never have to be physically in the park to try. But you have to have a park reservation at HS.

Did they change this? When we went in March, you had to be scanned into HS for the 1pm drop. Even when we went to DL a 2 weeks ago, you had to be scanned in to the park for the afternoon drop. Would be great if they changed it. Tough for us to get to the parks that early sometimes.

Did they change this? When we went in March, you had to be scanned into HS for the 1pm drop. Even when we went to DL a 2 weeks ago, you had to be scanned in to the park for the afternoon drop. Would be great if they changed it. Tough for us to get to the parks that early sometimes.

You have to be scanned in before 1pm but do not have to be there.

I snagged a 1pm boarding several months back from the pool at the Boardwalk. We had gone in the morning and went back to the hotel for lunch/swim.

You have to be scanned in before 1pm but do not have to be there.

I snagged a 1pm boarding several months back from the pool at the Boardwalk. We had gone in the morning and went back to the hotel for lunch/swim.

Right, but the OP is asking about getting a boarding group from another park before going into HS and the person I quoted told him he does not have to be there and did not mention scanning in before 1pm, so I'm trying to determine if that had changed for our fall trip.

For the early BG, you don’t need to be in the park. However, for the afternoon BG (to need a DHS park reservation) you must have tapped into the park before you make a BG. Once you tap in, you can try for the BG from anywhere inside or outside the park.

Last edited:

You can only get a BG if you have a park reservation for the day. At 7AM you can get it from anywhere. At 1PM you must have tapped into the park. After you tap in you can remain in the park or leave and still be eligible to try for a 1PM BG.
At 1PM you have to have entered DHS to be eligible. You can leave the park after tapping in but if you have not entered the park you will not be eligible.
thanks
We’ll be in AK that morning & planned to hop to HS at 2
You can only get a BG if you have a DHS park reservation. Please see above.
Right, but the OP is asking about getting a boarding group from another park before going into HS and the person I quoted told him he does not have to be there and did not mention scanning in before 1pm, so I'm trying to determine if that had changed for our fall trip.
You're correct, incorrect information was given. Hopefully this helps clarify.

Of course you have to scan in, but you don't have to be in the park to try.

You can only get a BG if you have a park reservation for the day. At 7AM you can get it from anywhere. At 1PM you must have tapped into the park. After you tap in you can remain in the park or leave and still be eligible to try for a 1PM BG.
At 1PM you have to have entered DHS to be eligible. You can leave the park after tapping in but if you have not entered the park you will not be eligible.
You can only get a BG if you have a DHS park reservation. Please see above.
You're correct, incorrect information was given. Hopefully this helps clarify.
Well yes, but you don't have to be in the park to try was my point. No incorrect info was given, but good try.

And by the way, reports from the park today say late this evening walk ups were allowed into the queue. I’m suspecting threat of Fred may have led to a lot of cancellations today?

And by the way, reports from the park today say late this evening walk ups were allowed into the queue. I’m suspecting threat of Fred may have led to a lot of cancellations today?
Yes. This is the first time this has happened since the ride opened in Jan 2020. Will be interesting to see if it happens again!

The person asked about hopping to DHS after 2PM. So no, they would not have qualified.
It looks like today there are boarding groups still available at 3:00 PM. So today I could Hop over to HS from Animal Kingdom (my morning reservation park), tap in, and get a boarding pass. Right? Since it is after 2:00 PM. A rare occasion I think.

I posted in the main thread. We tapped in at 1:56 as our hopper. 15 second delay for app to see we were there. We got 151 backup. Our number was called at 8:56 pm. ( such a stress!!!). Closed line at 153. This was yesterday. Today it seems the boarding groups are moving faster.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter