late night emhs

Has anyone ever done them? What's MK like at 3 am?

I did the 2am closing on the first Sat in November. To give you an idea of what to expect ... in the final hour we visited with Anna & Elsa, did Space Mountain twice, and 7DMT twice.

My wife and I did MK EMH until 3AM a few years ago. It was awesome. From about 1:30 on, there were times we wouldn't see another person for a good 2 or 3 minutes (especially in Frontier Land). Was very peaceful and relaxing and nice. The empty walk down MSUSA to the exit was pretty awesome (really wish I had taken a picture of the clock on MSUSA at 3:07AM).

Is MK open to 3AM anymore? I know before they cut EMH back to 2 hrs they were.

Is MK open to 3AM anymore? I know before they cut EMH back to 2 hrs they were.

They did reduce the evening EMHs to 2 hours, but I just glanced at the calendar and it does look like there are a few occasions where MK is open until 1:00 am, which would mean EMH would end at 3:00 am (e.g., 12/6/14).

I haven't been there for a 3:00 am closure, but I have been there when EMH ended at 2:00 am. It was fairly quiet in the park, which was nice because it meant it was easy to move around and you could get a fair amount done. I would say, if you can swing the late hour, it's worth sticking around for the end of EMH.

If you can hang until 3am, by all means, do it! The one time I did, it felt like we had the hole park to ourselves practically. It was incredible!

It's probably one of my favorite things.

We never actually stay until 3am, but we do stay until ~2am.

The Friday after Christmas usually sees Magic Kingdom staying open until 3am. We plan on sleeping late this day and maybe heading to EPCOT in the afternoon. At night, we'll head over to MK right before the fireworks (~11am.)

As a PP mentioned, the crowds are scarce around 1:30am. It's really pretty cool - especially when it's very crowded at WDW. Imagine a packed Main Street at 11pm for the fireworks. It's cool seeing it empty at 1:30am. Not to mention - there's some great photo opportunities. Here's some pics I managed to snap during late-night EMHs..

It's probably one of my favorite things.

We never actually stay until 3am, but we do stay until ~2am.

The Friday after Christmas usually sees Magic Kingdom staying open until 3am. We plan on sleeping late this day and maybe heading to EPCOT in the afternoon. At night, we'll head over to MK right before the fireworks (~11am.)

As a PP mentioned, the crowds are scarce around 1:30am. It's really pretty cool - especially when it's very crowded at WDW. Imagine a packed Main Street at 11pm for the fireworks. It's cool seeing it empty at 1:30am. Not to mention - there's some great photo opportunities. Here's some pics I managed to snap during late-night EMHs..

those are amazing!

Do it if you can. Most rides are a walk on or just a few minutes. For some reason, I have the habit of getting a Dole Whip during EMH. The lines are always long during the day, but in EMH you can walk right to the window. Just another perk :thumbsup2

It's pretty amazing...my familiy kept getting off BTM and running right up to ride again with no wait...feels like you have the park all to yourself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter