• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Late Night Deluxe Resort Extra Hours

Hmmm I wonder if that means they will move the the typical deluxe evening hours for MK away from Wednesdays, or are they planning to overlap them.
Or are they planning to phase out the free hours?

Keeping them would really show Deluxe Resort guest what they are getting as a perk for free... but they'll be going into a new year, got to look for new ways to increase profits.

My guess and hope is that they'll overlap them... keep either from being too busy.

I am staying at the Dolphin my first night there and then moving to the GF. I have linked my GF reservation but i booked the Dolphin through booking.com and My Experience won't accept my booking.com confirmation number. Will I be able to stay for extended hours that night?

I am staying at the Dolphin my first night there and then moving to the GF. I have linked my GF reservation but i booked the Dolphin through booking.com and My Experience won't accept my booking.com confirmation number. Will I be able to stay for extended hours that night?

You'll need to contact booking.com to get the "real" Dolphin confirmation number... should then be able to add that to your MDE App.

I think most of the 3rd party sites are aware of this now with Disney... really don't know why they haven't gone ahead and included both their own generated number and the "real" one.

We did both EEH last week when we were there and agree the lack of food was a real bummer. We were also pretty bummed that they closed off the World Showcase from the edge of Norway to France! We knew there was no food or shopping, but we were really looking forward to just soaking in the night time ambiance. We rode Frozen instead- womp womp.

Getting that late VQ for Guardians was awesome though!

MK was a blast though. Practically empty and so magical! We did Thunder Mtn walk on back to back and could have kept going. The hubs and kids rode Space Mtn at 1 AM and said it was amazing. (I was toast and just sat alone in the middle of Tomorrowland!)

I booked dessert fireworks party and did the afters for the night deluxe can go into the MK. I am hoping that will help fill us up since there is a lack of food in the later hours. My thought is eat and drink while letting the crowds die down and then go and have fun during our delux time. Anyone do that before? Was it good?

I booked dessert fireworks party and did the afters for the night deluxe can go into the MK. I am hoping that will help fill us up since there is a lack of food in the later hours. My thought is eat and drink while letting the crowds die down and then go and have fun during our delux time. Anyone do that before? Was it good?
This is exactly our plan as well for the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. In the spring we did the after fireworks party on a night the park closed at (I think?) 11 and that was amazing enough, so I'm hopeful this will be even better.

Well it's only a two hour window... you watch the fireworks and enjoy the party enough to get your money's worth, might only leave you an hour. If it is a night that fireworks are the end of the night at MK. Night were FW are an hour or two before park closing... should be great.

We did Peter Pan, Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Splash, Big Thunder, Mine Train and Buzz... and walked out by the party and there were still folks there at quarter till park closing. One benefit might be the dessert party last longer??? But if your wanting to do rides, I don't thing combining them is the best option.

Well it's only a two hour window... you watch the fireworks and enjoy the party enough to get your money's worth, might only leave you an hour. If it is a night that fireworks are the end of the night at MK. Night were FW are an hour or two before park closing... should be great.

We did Peter Pan, Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Splash, Big Thunder, Mine Train and Buzz... and walked out by the party and there were still folks there at quarter till park closing. One benefit might be the dessert party last longer??? But if your wanting to do rides, I don't thing combining them is the best option.
I don't know, on my night the fireworks are at 8:15, so should end at 9, then deluxe hours are 10-12. That hour from 9-10 should be perfect for getting all the treats kiddo and I want before hitting the rides. Will some people stay longer and eat into that time? Sure, but for most an hour is sufficient.

I did this in June. The "food" is more like a cheese plate. You'll struggle to have an actual meal. I was cool with beer and cheese, YMMV.

They close the alcohol ridiculously early, like in the middle of the show. They also don't restock. So if they're out of something like, say, champagne, you're stuck with beer. So, plan accordingly.

Another idea would be to grab a Cosmic Ray burger to split on the way in. I don't see why you couldn't bring food in.

I don't know, on my night the fireworks are at 8:15, so should end at 9, then deluxe hours are 10-12. That hour from 9-10 should be perfect for getting all the treats kiddo and I want before hitting the rides. Will some people stay longer and eat into that time? Sure, but for most an hour is sufficient.
We have done this twice. It works great (just make sure you are ready to plow through the crowds from the garden over to the terrace, right after they end). It was plenty of time for snacks and drinks and we still rode something during regular hours, before extra hours started.
I did this in June. The "food" is more like a cheese plate. You'll struggle to have an actual meal. I was cool with beer and cheese, YMMV.

They close the alcohol ridiculously early, like in the middle of the show. They also don't restock. So if they're out of something like, say, champagne, you're stuck with beer. So, plan accordingly.

Another idea would be to grab a Cosmic Ray burger to split on the way in. I don't see why you couldn't bring food in.
Yes, the non dessert food is only cheese. But the alcohol is not cut off for the after party.

Yes, the non dessert food is only cheese. But the alcohol is not cut off for the after party.
This quote was for the dresser party, where the included open bar was definitely cut off ridiculously early. I wasn't talking about the alcohol at the after hours, I'm not even sure there is any?

This quote was for the dresser party, where the included open bar was definitely cut off ridiculously early. I wasn't talking about the alcohol at the after hours, I'm not even sure there is any?
Yes there is all the same alcohol the other partys get, at the after party.

Yes there is all the same alcohol the other partys get, at the after party.
That isn't what the OP is talking about. They were asking about the fireworks party with the open bar, and then the deluxe after hours. I think someone said you could buy beer in Norway after hours, but I didn't see any alcohol at all at those.

This was my plan, before they put an AH event for DHS the same night, and I think that is a more valuable bonus event for our party. Kinda bummed though, it seemed like the dessert party plus after hours would be a great combo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter