• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Late debarkation day flight

Mrspeaks

DIS Veteran
Hello! The best flights for us from a financial perspective won’t leave until 6 or 9 pm our debarkation day - still deciding which one. What could be some options to entertain ourselves that day? We would have our luggage, so would we check in for our flight and then leave the airport? Does Disney springs have an option to hold luggage? If the cost of entertaining ourselves that day starts adding up, maybe I just pay for the way more expensive flights leaving earlier!

The airlines won’t let you check a bag too far before your flight. (4 hours is sticking in my mind, but I can’t remember for sure.)

When we’ve had late flights out of MCO, we’ve gotten a day room at the Hyatt in the airport. It was about $150 and we spent the day relaxing, swimming, etc. before we flew out.

We’re in the same situation in Miami and we’re planning to get a day room at a hotel so we can store our stuff and go to the beach or pool.

Hello! The best flights for us from a financial perspective won’t leave until 6 or 9 pm our debarkation day - still deciding which one. What could be some options to entertain ourselves that day? We would have our luggage, so would we check in for our flight and then leave the airport? Does Disney springs have an option to hold luggage? If the cost of entertaining ourselves that day starts adding up, maybe I just pay for the way more expensive flights leaving earlier!
I don't think Disney Springs has an option to hold on to luggage, though I've definitely seen people walking around with suitcases so probably doing similar to what you are asking. It's a great place to spend time between the cruise and the airport. You could look into a one-way car rental from Port Canaveral to MCO; rental prices can be steep but if you find a good deal it might be worth it (then you could leave your luggage in the car at Disney Springs, and parking there is free . . .

Which hotel if you don’t mind my asking?
I am in the same situation next week.

Thanks so much!
We haven't picked one yet since we're not cruising until November and we're flying out of FLL, so we haven't decided if we're going to stay in Miami for the day or head up to FLL in the morning and visit the beach there.

My wife and I had this discussion yesterday, we ended up renting a car for the day with the plan of heading to Disney Springs. We got a Wine Bar George reservation. I work for a company that gets pretty good rates on rental cars, so its only about 55$ for an 8 hour rental, that gives us a place to store our luggage, and the flexibility to go where we want.

We thought about getting a day room at a hotel, but that was pretty expensive and it seemed like we would just watch a clock.

My wife and I had this discussion yesterday, we ended up renting a car for the day with the plan of heading to Disney Springs. We got a Wine Bar George reservation. I work for a company that gets pretty good rates on rental cars, so its only about 55$ for an 8 hour rental, that gives us a place to store our luggage, and the flexibility to go where we want.

We thought about getting a day room at a hotel, but that was pretty expensive and it seemed like we would just watch a clock.
Oooh, enjoy Wine Bar George; that's my favorite! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter