Late Check Out Request?

Taylormade0503

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone. How often are late checkout requests granted? We’re staying at the Polynesian in May. We’re gonna try to get my daughter some extra pool time before we get on a plane and would love a shower to come back to.

Are you staying on the resort side or DVC villas side? If resort, you have a chance. If DVC, they do not allow late checkouts. I've had pretty good luck getting late check out at a few resorts. I've never gotten anything past 1 pm, however. As PPs have mentioned, you can always use the showers near the pool.

Hello everyone. How often are late checkout requests granted? We’re staying at the Polynesian in May. We’re gonna try to get my daughter some extra pool time before we get on a plane and would love a shower to come back to.
For us,we've gotten it basically every trip (we go mult. times a yr.) We're currently at Pop and have a late checkout later this week. We've stayed at all levels and I can't think of a time we didn't get it. Now. I will say, we used to get 1pm, but for the last few yrs, it's 12:30, so it's not a ton of time, bit it's something.

This year I'm going with my daughter, SIL, and grand baby. (separate rooms). We have a very late flight so I just bit the bullet and added another day to my reservation. I realize not everyone can afford that, but with the discount I got with the stay longer, save more, I easily rationalized the extra day. My daughter was fine with me spending her inheritance. Seriously, that many hours with an infant and no access to a room didn't seem like fun. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Southwest doesn't change the schedule.....

For us,we've gotten it basically every trip (we go mult. times a yr.) We're currently at Pop and have a late checkout later this week. We've stayed at all levels and I can't think of a time we didn't get it. Now. I will say, we used to get 1pm, but for the last few yrs, it's 12:30, so it's not a ton of time, bit it's something.
I'm with you, we've also have received late check out anywhere between noon and 1 on almost all of our trips and we have 40+ trips.

It's not likely. At the larger resorts it's a little easier because they have more rooms available for arriving guests. The Poly doesn't have as many rooms, so it's more difficult to grant a late checkout without impacting arrivals. And 1pm would be the absolute latest they honor, without any additional charges (if even available).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter