• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

late check in upgrade possible?

letfuller

<font color=red>The scheming queen for disney trip
We will be arriving at WDW late on June 12 (11:30ish). What are the chances of being able to get an upgrade at the Dolphin? Do they save rooms for upgrade for those arriving later?

They give out upgrades if they have something available that isn't booked and/or if there is a problem and they don't have a room of the type you requested. I wouldn't hold out too much hope for an upgrade on a late arrival but it's not impossible.

In this situation I've seen many people recommend spending the 1st night of vacation in a modestly priced airport hotel and then checking in early at their resort the following day. Your room probably won't be ready but the resort will hold your luggage while you go to one of the parks and you'll greatly increase your chance of an upgrade.

Last august we arrived at 12am (travelling from UK plane delays etc) to check-in at the Wilderness Lodge, we were the only ones in the lobby apart from some work men who were painting etc. We booked a standard view and were upgraded to a 5th floor courtyard view. So i really dont think it matters when you arrive.

It all depends on how full the hotel is at that time, whether you check-in at 7AM or 1AM.

I once got an upgrade at the Dolphin in precisely this way, arriving about midnight. Everything else was full, so they had to put me on the concierge floor! The trick is to show up *just before* they run out of rooms, not *just after*!

Keep in mind that if they are near capacity, you could be "reassigned" to the Swan.

Hi Letfuller, if you do happen to get bump over to swan hope to see you there - We are checking in on Monday Am June 16
michelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter