Late August..?

Madame

DIS Veteran
I posted this on the US/IOA board, but figured it might be helpful if I posted it on the Resort board LOL! TIA!!

We are thinking of visiting US for the first time for 4 days before our cruise next year. Aug 23-27 2016.

We got a good deal with the magical agency for the BC at WDW this year & am wondering about typical discounts for the week before labour day at US. I really don't want to spend more than we would at WDW for the same time period. We got BC for under around $220/night.

As a family of 5 we'd be looking at a deluxe queen at HRH in order to get EP (we really don't want a rollaway bed). Basing a budget off of 2015 pricing, I can't seem to get a US trip as cheap as WDW (especially when factoring in transportation to/from MCO).

We would really like to do US - total Potterhead here ;P. Does anyone have any experience traveling late Aug - tix & hotel discounts?

I just got a quote from the magical agency for Aug 23-25 2015, as they have a Universal deal as well for that time. It was about $236/night for HRH garden view and $179 for RPR standard view. I've just started researching prices, so I'm not sure how this compares to typical rates as this time of year.

I just got a quote from the magical agency for Aug 23-25 2015, as they have a Universal deal as well for that time. It was about $236/night for HRH garden view and $179 for RPR standard view. I've just started researching prices, so I'm not sure how this compares to typical rates as this time of year.

That sounds reasonable. I'll have to check with them when doing the pricing for next year. Thanks!

it might also be worth checking into getting an annual pass. with a 4-day stay, you might save a good chunk of money. only one adult in your party needs an AP to get the hotel discount, and depending on which pass you get you might also get discounts on food and merch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter