Late arrival to MK on NYE

DixieMitch

Earning My Ears
Hi, everyone. We'll be arriving at the WL midmorning on NYE. I know the traffic getting into the parks will be nuts that day. We're planning on going to the MK and staying through the fireworks, but other than just "being there," we don't really have any other expectations for that day. My question is how late can we get into the park?

My plan was to try and do lunch at WL, hopefully get into our room, and then head over to the park sometime after 3 pm. Is that a terrible idea?

Thank you!

Hi, everyone. We'll be arriving at the WL midmorning on NYE. I know the traffic getting into the parks will be nuts that day. We're planning on going to the MK and staying through the fireworks, but other than just "being there," we don't really have any other expectations for that day. My question is how late can we get into the park?

My plan was to try and do lunch at WL, hopefully get into our room, and then head over to the park sometime after 3 pm. Is that a terrible idea?

Thank you!
MK may fill up before noon. I would head to MK right after your arrival and get lunch in the park.

The parks close in phases, meaning resort Guests may still be able to enter for a time after day Guests are excluded, but at some point it will close to everyone. Also, it's possible, but not guaranteed, that the park may be full early in the day, and reopen later in the afternoon if enough Guests leave.

MK hasn't closed to everyone in decades. Thoughts are it won't ever again now that NFL opened up.
The only closure had been to day guests buying tickets at the gate, who aren't on site and who don't have an adr, those who have CM gate passes.
As a resort guest you won't have any worries about getting in

I would recommend using Disney transportation to the park, not driving. The roads will be crazy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter