mjl954

Earning My Ears
Need some advice/help planning.

In early March, we (4 adults) will be driving up Tuesday morning. Arriving approx 10:30-11:00AM. Staying OFF property, so cannot book ILL until park opening. Purchased 2 day tickets, park hopper and genie+ for both days.

Day one we like to start with MK and end at epcot but I just found out MK is open until 11 then has extended park hours until 1 (i realize we won’t be able to take part in the extended park hours as we’re not deluxe hotel guest but i’m wondering if this will effect crowd levels).
On day two (wednesday) we think it’s best to rope drop ROTR because we’re worried they’ll be sold out and don’t want to spend 3 hours waiting…but would seriously rather do animal kingdom that morning and then hop to HS by 2pm. Anyway, we currently have a reservation for HS that day but that can be changed if need be.

We’re not interested in the shows. More for the thrill and nostalgic stuff. We’re big on food and drinks, so we’re looking forward to epcot flower & garden fest in afternoon/evening. At AK we’re only really interested in FOP and safari, maybe na’vi - so figure this can be done in a few hours especially if we can grab an ILL for FOP.

ROTR and FOP are must dos for us.

So this is kinda where we’re at at the moment….

Option A:
Tues
MK 11-4, EP 5-9
Wed HS 8-2, AK 3-7, MK 8-11
Option B:
Tues
MK 11-4, EP 5-9
Wed AK 8-1, HS 2-8, MK 9-11 (optional)
Option C:
Tues
AK 11-3, EP 4-9
Wed HS 8-3, MK 4-11
Option D:
Tues
AK 11-4, MK 5-11
Wed HS 8-3, EP 4-9
Option E: ????

I’m really at a loss. Also would it be possible to change theme park reservations on the day of park visit? Like if by some miracle i get an ILL for ROTR after 2pm, would i be able to change the reservation from HS to another park (being that that parks available)?

Park hours while we’re there:
MK 9AM-11PM
EPCOT 9AM-9PM
AK 7:30AM-8:30PM
HS 8:30AM-9PM

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE 🙏

A few things. If you start at MK on the first day, there's nothing to stop you from hopping back to MK if you wish. Also, if it's Mar 8 you arrive then MK is open to 11 all week. That will help to spread the crowds out over the week as opposed to when MK is only open late 1 night.

If you have an option to change things up, you will find you wait much less in line for RotR if you wait and do it at park closing. By the time the park opens the line will be quite long due to onsite guests entering for Early Theme Park Entry. That being said you run the risk of it being closed as happened to us 1/2 times we tried a few weeks ago. If I had to choose between one or the other I'd choose park closing. I just looked an RotR is closed now (Tues Feb 22 at 9:00 AM) so even going early in the day does not guarantee you'll be able to ride. RotR is historically down on a regular basis so on a day like today where it's down from early on it will be crazy all day long as those with early ILL$ will be stacking up and wanting to ride once it opens.

If it were me I'd do AK in the morning on the Wed and then head to DHS after that knowing I'm aiming to get in line for RotR at park closing.

You will possibly be able to change park reservations when you're there but it's not guaranteed. I would keep an eye on the park reservations calendar. You're just on the early side of when the parks pick up for Spring breaks but I know some who have their spring break the week you're there.

Hope this helps.

A few things. If you start at MK on the first day, there's nothing to stop you from hopping back to MK if you wish. Also, if it's Mar 8 you arrive then MK is open to 11 all week. That will help to spread the crowds out over the week as opposed to when MK is only open late 1 night.

If you have an option to change things up, you will find you wait much less in line for RotR if you wait and do it at park closing. By the time the park opens the line will be quite long due to onsite guests entering for Early Theme Park Entry. That being said you run the risk of it being closed as happened to us 1/2 times we tried a few weeks ago. If I had to choose between one or the other I'd choose park closing. I just looked an RotR is closed now (Tues Feb 22 at 9:00 AM) so even going early in the day does not guarantee you'll be able to ride. RotR is historically down on a regular basis so on a day like today where it's down from early on it will be crazy all day long as those with early ILL$ will be stacking up and wanting to ride once it opens.

If it were me I'd do AK in the morning on the Wed and then head to DHS after that knowing I'm aiming to get in line for RotR at park closing.

You will possibly be able to change park reservations when you're there but it's not guaranteed. I would keep an eye on the park reservations calendar. You're just on the early side of when the parks pick up for Spring breaks but I know some who have their spring break the week you're there.

Hope this helps.

really appreciate you taking the time to reply. i think we will take the chance doing ROTR at the end of the day. and maybe by some miracle we will get an ILL. one can only pray lol my family says i’m driving them nuts trying to figure this out but planning is key for disney and they are not planners! thank you again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter