Late arrival - one hour of park time? Is this possible?

bethanyfos

Earning My Ears
We are going to Disney in February. We have a flight that lands at MCO at 7:20 pm and we're planning to take Magical Express to Bay Lake Tower where we have a reservation. The Magic Kingdom is schedule to have EMH until 10 pm. I have an extra day on my ticket because it was cheaper to buy a 7 day discounted ticket.

I was thinking of scheduling a couple Fastpass+ for that night and trying to ride Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear. Is it possible to get from MCO to Bay Lake Tower in time to walk over to the Magic Kingdom for 9? What about my luggage? Do I have to hang around my room and wait for it to be delivered from Magical Express? Should I hire a town car instead? What else haven't I thought of?

We are going to Disney in February. We have a flight that lands at MCO at 7:20 pm and we're planning to take Magical Express to Bay Lake Tower where we have a reservation. The Magic Kingdom is schedule to have EMH until 10 pm. I have an extra day on my ticket because it was cheaper to buy a 7 day discounted ticket.

I was thinking of scheduling a couple Fastpass+ for that night and trying to ride Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear. Is it possible to get from MCO to Bay Lake Tower in time to walk over to the Magic Kingdom for 9? What about my luggage? Do I have to hang around my room and wait for it to be delivered from Magical Express? Should I hire a town car instead? What else haven't I thought of?

By the time you depart the plane, get to the ME, get on the bus, have the bus depart and arrive at hotel you're probably looking at close to 9:00-9:30 pm. Personally I wouldn't waste a park day ticket for half an hour or even an hour for that matter as once you enter park you still have to walk halfway through it to get to Tomorrowland. But no, you don't have to wait for your luggage. Once it arrives at your hotel, they eventually bring it up to your room.

It's not impossible but you'd be cutting it close, as it might be closer to 9:30 when you actually make it into the park. I wouldn't personally use a day's ticket for that unless you really won't have another day during your trip to use it. You also cannot use FP+ during EMH.

Your flight lands at 7:20. Assuming it lands on time, it could take you up to 15 minutes just to taxi to the gate and get off the plane, depending on where you are sitting. Let's assume it takes you 10. Then you need to walk to Magical Express. That will take 10-15 minutes. We'll call that 15. Now, it's 7:45.

You may have to wait up to 20 minutes to be put on a bus. Let's make it half that, so 10 minutes. The "average" trip on DME takes 90 minutes. It's now 9:10 PM. Ten minute walk to MK, 9:20.

If everything goes perfectly, you don't need to actually check in to the resort, but you will probably want to drop off any carry-ons. Do you want to go to your room to do that, or leave them with luggage services to save time? Also, the odds are against everything going perfectly. I also think it will be closer to 9:30 when you get to the park.

You don't have to wait in the room for Magical Express to deliver your luggage.

Last edited:

I would allow at least an hour and a half for ME from flight arrival time. You won't need to wait in your room for luggage, but you will want to stop at the bell stand to check your carry-ons (which will be faster than running them up to your room). I believe you'll be allowed into the MK after 9pm since you're a resort guest. It's a 5-10 minute walk from Bay Lake to the park. While the extra hour is fun, you'll need to decide whether it's worth the extra cost of the town car.

Our flight recently got in a little early (20 minutes) and we walked off the plane, bathroom stop, and then straight to ME. We actually walked straight onto the bus, no stopping and we left 5 minutes later from the airport So from the time we got off and the time we got to our resort, it was 1 hr 10 minutes after we got off the plane. That has not always happened. Most of the time it has been 90 minutes. But that being said, if you have an extra day and can't use it later, even if you have a half an hour and want to get rid of some of that energy from sitting on the plane, I say go over and grab a ride on something or even just walk Main Street, I would do it in a heartbeat! Hope you have a great trip.

We usually love to got the park on our arrival night, even if it is for a short amount of time. However, given your scenario, I don't think I would. I think by the time you get to BLT, and then walk over to MK, you're barely going to get thru the gates before closing.

On the other hand....if you like wandering around an empty Main Street, want to get an Ice Cream at the Plaza and just sit in the hub watching the crowds and the Kiss Goodnight, without even thinking about getting on a ride, it might be fun because you can certainly hang around doing that until 11:00 or so.

Now if you said, well, the park is open until 11, or there are EMH for two hours after that 10PM close, then my answer would be an unequivocal YES.

You mentioned a car service. That would cut your time down a little but you would have to pick up your luggage.

I've been in my hotel 90 minutes after landing... I've also not been to the hotel yet an 2 hours had already pasted from landing.

Best of luck. Changing your flight was the best choice of you really wanted to get to MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter