Late April 2018 or February 2018?

cdnusagurl

Mouseketeer
I'm trying to decide when to go for my second (first time I went to WDW was over 10 years ago) and my husband's first trip to WDW and Universal. We live in Canada so we want to go when it's warm out. Granted 50 degrees is warmer than the -30 we get here, but I really want to be able to go swimming outside. Anyway, I looked up Easter 2018 and see that it is April 1st for that year, so if we go the last week of April I know we won't be affected by it, or at least that's my hope. The only thing is I know February will be cheaper and with our crappy dollar right now that is very enticing.

I just don't want it to be cold when we get there since we both want to hit some water parks while we are there as well. I'm also interested in seeing Flower and Garden while we are there too, and I know if we go in February we would miss it. With all that in mind, which time would everyone here recommend between the two and why?

I would pick Feb for better weather and lower crowds

But you want warmer weather and flower and garden so go with April

I would pick Feb for better weather and lower crowds

But you want warmer weather and flower and garden so go with April

I just want to make sure it isn't too cool. I mean mid 70s would be great and I know it can be hot in April because when I went to WDW as a child it was in the upper 90s for almost our entire trip. I also know March can be warm since it was in the 80s when I went to Miami 3 years ago. I just want it to be consistently in the mid 70s and I know in April it will definitely be that warm if not warmer. I'm just afraid February might be really cool which is not my ideal situation for vacationing in Florida.

We just went Feb 3-12 this year and we swam outside. It was cool in the morning but warm during the daytime (we are Canadian too so it was hot compared to home). You never know what it will be like, but it will be warmer than in Canada!

FYI 2017-2018 school calendars are just being released. Looks like much of Upstate New York will have spring break during last week of April 2018

I'm trying to decide when to go for my second (first time I went to WDW was over 10 years ago) and my husband's first trip to WDW and Universal. We live in Canada so we want to go when it's warm out. Granted 50 degrees is warmer than the -30 we get here, but I really want to be able to go swimming outside. Anyway, I looked up Easter 2018 and see that it is April 1st for that year, so if we go the last week of April I know we won't be affected by it, or at least that's my hope. The only thing is I know February will be cheaper and with our crappy dollar right now that is very enticing.

I just don't want it to be cold when we get there since we both want to hit some water parks while we are there as well. I'm also interested in seeing Flower and Garden while we are there too, and I know if we go in February we would miss it. With all that in mind, which time would everyone here recommend between the two and why?

April! We went late January-early February last year and it was cold most of our trip. One day was so cold that they cut performers down from parades and no little girls were in princess dresses. We did not have any days where we could take advantage of the pool on that trip.

Also, flower and garden isn't too exciting to me, but if you like that sort of thing, Disney does it very well. The topiaries are really neat and we did enjoy some of the special food selections.

FYI 2017-2018 school calendars are just being released. Looks like much of Upstate New York will have spring break during last week of April 2018

That's good to know.

April! We went late January-early February last year and it was cold most of our trip. One day was so cold that they cut performers down from parades and no little girls were in princess dresses. We did not have any days where we could take advantage of the pool on that trip.

Also, flower and garden isn't too exciting to me, but if you like that sort of thing, Disney does it very well. The topiaries are really neat and we did enjoy some of the special food selections.

Yeah that's my biggest worry. I mean, anything is better than -30, but for the money we'll be paying for this trip I want it to be warm enough to swim most of the time we are there.

If your priority is to ensure it's warm enough to swim then April it is. I use to go second week of February for years and it's hit or miss. You can be in the 50s in the morning but usually in the 70s by afternoon then cold again when the sun goes down. If 70s is hot enough to do what you want then go in February. Sometimes it would be 60 in am then in the 80s later. It is much less crowded compared to April so you can do more faster. There is still plenty to do even without the flower and garden festival. Mainly they have some neat topiaries and extra food booths. In my opinion the booths are overpriced for the portion.

I personally don't swim and don't like to be in the sun so hot weather is not really my priority. That being said I have switched from early February to going in March so I don't get those cold mornings.

I have always gone in mid-April since I was a kid and as an adult. I love the April weather. It is always warm enough to swim. I'd say ave is mid 80s and it hardly ever rains. We live in Boston and I'm always afraid if I went in Feb that a snow storm or bad weather would impact my flight. I don't want to be missing or delaying my vaca bc it decided to be a blizzard here. So, April all the way for us.

I just want to make sure it isn't too cool. I mean mid 70s would be great and I know it can be hot in April because when I went to WDW as a child it was in the upper 90s for almost our entire trip. I also know March can be warm since it was in the 80s when I went to Miami 3 years ago. I just want it to be consistently in the mid 70s and I know in April it will definitely be that warm if not warmer. I'm just afraid February might be really cool which is not my ideal situation for vacationing in Florida.

Feb can be in the 40's or it can be 85..just won't know until then.

My birthdays in mid Feb so every year I'm always hoping it'll be in the 40's or 50's as Disney in the cold is my favorite

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter