Last week of September - bad weather?

Nank

DIS Veteran
*Also posted on family boards*

Will the last week of September be okay weather wise? Will I need to be in fear of hurricanes? Will one week later make a difference?

Thank you.

I was there from Sept 15 - 25th last year and we arrived just after Ivan and left a few hours before the closed the airport due to Jean. The weather was very hot and only rainned on the last day (thanks Jean). I believe last year was worst then most so hopefully it will be OK for you but I believe hurrican season runs into October. However that being said the crowds at the parks where really low. We never waited for anything. All the major rides we just walked right on. It was great.

We arrived last year the day after Jean and the weather was great!!!! Sunny and hot for all 7 of our days. I guess its hit or miss when you go in September. We will again be going this year for the last week of September again!!! :D

:bounce: 7 More Days to Disney!!!! :bounce:

My husband and I went during the week of 9/15/03 for our honeymoon. It was great. I know last year with the hurricanes it was pretty bad. But, I really like going in September because the crowds are a lot smaller due to schools opening. :earsboy:

My family went during the last week of September this year (9/25 - 10/2). We arrived on Saturday morning and Jean hit that night. Growing up on the coast of NC, I have lived thru my share of hurricanes. I felt completely safe at the BCV. We rode out the hurricane on Sunday and then went to the parks on Monday. Sure we lost one day, but the weather was wonderful the rest of the week. We are planning on traveling to Disney again in two years at the same time with no hesitation. The weather is nice and the crowds are small. Sure, you might get hit with a hurricane, but it was not that bad.

I'm also planning my trip for the last week of September. I was concerned about the weather (heat, hurricanes), but as my friend who is a CM says, "You just never know!" She also echoes others' comments that the crowds are much smaller at that time.

My justification for making the reservation for that week is that they can't POSSIBLY have as bad of a year in 2005 as they did in 2004, right???????? (Famous last words. . . ;)

I don't think we could ever predict the Hurricanes again??

Have you posted this on the Theme Park Attractions and Planning board too?

I live on the Gulf Coast, and I was at WDW in Sept. for all of the hurricanes, and no one can actually predict the weather, paths, etc., so it's a luck of the draw, and God help us if we get that many in a row again.....with that being said, it was still an adventure at WDW and they treated me wonderfully and I have no complaints! :umbrella:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter