• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Last week of Jan v. last week of Feb

CyndiLooWho

DIS Veteran
So, the last 4 years, we have gone to WDW the last week of Jan (ok, 2023 we did DL, but son and BIL were in WDW that week).

In 2020, before the pandemic, Jan was a dream - low crowds, low wait times, great visit. 2021 wasn't bad, but 2022 was very busy. This year, DL was great, as we rope dropped (we're from the East Coast, so it was easy!) and were out of the parks by 3 most days. BUT, our son and my brother in law were at WDW the same week we were at DL, and they said it was so crowded they barely got to ride anything. It seems that Jan is no longer a great time to go.

So how is the last week of Feb? I'm trying to work out my PTO / timeshare calendar for next year

Late February is also very crowded. Truthfully it's crowded the majority of the time now. Disney does a great job filling in attendance during traditionally slower seasons by adding in events such as cheer competitions, conferences, etc.

As Lanejudy said, the week of President's Day is school vacation in the Northeast and Disney is a VERY popular vacation destination.

I’m not sure there is any quieter time at WDW right now. People seem to report odd days here and there but it’s uncommon to hear someone report their entire stay ( if more than a few days) was quiet. WDW is just popular right now in spite of the changes and cost.

I think crowd levels are really subjective. Even your experience is different from mine. We almost always go the last week of January when we visit. We've gone that week in 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, and 2023. We always thought that week was fairly busy, definitely never dead! When we went this year we were shocked by how uncrowded it was - we kept saying "Where is everyone?" It was our best week by far for crowd levels, much less crowded than when we went before Covid. The crowds did pick up later in the week, back to the normal levels we've experienced in the past (6-8 level crowds). So getting feedback from others on what they've experienced that week may not really help you at all because it seems my experience that week was totally different than your family's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter